On a daily basis I am surrounded by such negativity. Just people that are angry with their lives, people that hate their jobs, people that are lonely, people that don't make the choices needed to be happy. I admit, I've added to the atmosphere on numerous occasions. But this week I made it a point, a concentrated effort, to remain positive, thankful that I have a job to go to, grateful that I have good health, overwhelmed by the amount of love I am surrounded by at home.
So many people are losing their jobs/homes/relationships/lives these days. I just keep putting it all in perspective. I really am lucky.
.................................................................................................................................................
We had our house re-assessed last Friday. We are trying to re-finance into a MUCH lower interest rate AND a fixed mortgage. We naturally were concerned with shelling out $375 to have the assessment done only to find out that our home lost too much value over the past 3 years to qualify. But on the other hand if we did shell out the $ and came in high enough we would begin to save approx $350 a month. So the potential benefits out weighed the risks. After 5 grueling days of waiting we received the call form the bank. We came in $12,900 higher than we needed! We actually came in exactly what we were assessed in 2007 when we bought the house. UNHEARD OF for a house in our area, our town, our state, our economy to not have lost value in their home. So now we are on our way to having a 4.125% interest rate for 30 years.....I really am lucky
7 comments:
I had pretty much the same realizations today about how lucky I am, and how much other people have had to endure. It's sad that hearing of a fatal accident is sometimes what it takes for me to realize how good I have it.
Congrats on the assessment! That's awesome!!
I know what you mean about being positive. I really think it's a choice to be happy - there are so many people who have many reasons to be happy but they choose to be miserable instead (and take it out the rest of us).
Good luck on the assessment - 4.1%??? Awesome!
That's fantastic about the assessment!
OMG, you're making me super jealous on that interest rate! We did ours about a year ago because ours was so bad when we bought the house, but 4.125?!!?! OMG! Congrats though, that's wonderful! It really is nice to hear those great stories too!
That is great news about your house!
wow what awesome news about your house!!! i am so freaking jealous!!! a big HELL YEAH to you guys on that one :)
AWESOME assessment!!!
I agree about the negativity. As someone who was without a job for 9 months, I STILL cringe when people complain about their job. I think everybody has those friends who complain and complain about their job- and do nothing about it. Argh!
Post a Comment