December 31, 2008

2008 a year in review....

As I reflect back on 2008 there is so much to remember...good and bad, happy and sad.

One year ago today was when T and I had the conversation that has lead us to current day.....expecting a baby. T and I made a decision to start a family. It wasn't a hard as I thought it may be (I really had no idea if I could even get pregnant, being on birth control for nearly 15 years could easily take a toll on your reproductive system) but we didn't face any issues actually getting pregnant. Remaining pregnant was another story, we did have a difficult time in the beginning. I lost our first pregnancy very early on, however I am a firm believer that it was not because of anything I did or didn't do and there clearly was a reason to lose that baby. I was again very fortunate to get pregnant very quickly (within 5 weeks) with this baby. We knew the reality of the risks and decided to keep it quiet, heck we didn't even tell anyone we were trying. But in the end, here we are, with approx 30 more days before our baby is to be born, no longer safe inside of me where it is protected from the world.


We completed a lot of work on our house. Really making every room completed so that in 2009 we can begin working on the outside!

We traveled a little, making our first trip to Canada and visiting one of the 7 wonders of the world, Niagara Falls.

I went to NYC a couple of times.

We had a litter of baby kittens and a momma living in our back yard for a while...(I think one of them may actually be living under the shed again).

We elected a new President.

Our Frog died.

The company I work for laid off hundreds of employees, my job being at risk in early 2009 AND our stock dropped to under $5 a share for several days.


I lost people that were important to me. First was my beloved Grandmother. She had suffered for so long with Parkinson's disease and all of the ailments that came along with having that horrible disease. To watch her die was very difficult, but at the same time, I knew she was finally going to be in a peaceful place, with no more pain, no more wheel chairs, no more convalescent home...My dear Grandmother. When she died I was pregnant with the baby we lost. I knew I was pregnant at the time and I struggled with telling her. In the end I chose not to, out of fear she would hang onto life because of it.


Mid way through the year we lost Orly..funny how the people you work with have such an impact on your daily life. What a wonderful guy, full of life and happiness and love for his family. You never saw a man glow the way he did when he spoke of his wife and daughter, he loved them so fully. He had a big heart, a full heart, a sick heart..I think of him frequently, little things that happen, a smell, a noise...


There were other losses as well. People I was not so close to, yet it still had impacts on me. People I grew up with, knew from my childhood, hadn't seen in a long time.

My life has changed so much this past year. I have new focus, different focus. I hope that you have found things in 2008 to be rewarding and are looking forward to 2009!

Happy New Year all~~

No comments: