December 17, 2008

New England weather....

...ahh the joys we face living here in NE. I live in CT and the state is pretty small, it takes about 3 hours to drive from South to North and maybe 4 hours to drive West to East (or opposite)...

Last night we had a "Snow Storm"..now what does that mean to you? Cause here in NE that means something white fell from the sky, it does not refer to what remains on the ground, which in my case, is approx 2 inches of solid ice. Depending where you live, you may have gotten 3 inches of powdery white snow or like me 2 inches of pure ice or further south and east and all rain.

When it snows a few inches I have no issues traveling my 43 mile one way commute to work. Granted it takes me closer to two hours rather than the normal one hour 10 mins...but I feel confident driving in the snow. Ice, sleet, freezing rain (which ever term suits you best) on the other hand...no way Jose. Especially now that I am mid way through my 8th month of pregnancy. No chance in hell I am risking my life or my baby's life for Insurance IT...screw that shit.

I am planning on working from home for most of this morning...sadly it won't be for the day. I will NEED to go into work at some point due to a critical call that came in yesterday afternoon....it never ends....oh wait~it will end for me in 16 days!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh lord, these "storms" are ALWAYS such a let-down! I woke up at like 2:30am and of course there was about a quarter of an inch of snow, if that, on the ground. ANd this morning messy ice. Blech.