It drives me crazy when people do not clean off the tops of their cars after a snow or ice storm. They have no regard for the vehicles behind them as the sheets of ice and frozen solid snow is breaking away from their rooftops and flying at 70 miles per hour at my windshield!
This really aggravated me yesterday as I drove into work after we had 2 pretty large snow storms (I have about 18 inches of snow) during the weekend. There were literally 18 inch high, 12 inch square (and larger) blocks of hard snow and ice flying off of vehicles into my car and windshield. The roads were too slippery to attempt to swerve so I pretty much just closed my eyes each time (yes...closed my eyes while driving 60-70 on the highway) hoping that when the glass shattered it wouldn't go in my eyes.
This morning was not much better. The remaining snow on cars was truly in ice formation now (seeing as though our current temp is like 12 degrees). Causing even more concern when the chunks were flying at me..
Please Please Please clean off the tops of your cars when they get covered in snow, I beg of you.
No comments:
Post a Comment