My back is hurting so terribly bad today. It feels like menstrual cramps. Just aches to move, never mind stand around cooking. I just took a few tylenol to see if they help, if not the vicodin are getting tapped. In the mean time I figured I would post a few pics of my peppers in progress for you....
Boil the peppers in one pot and saute the onions, peppers and garlic in another...
...add the pork and turkey meat to the sauteed peppers, onion and garlic.....
....once browned add the rice.....
...and the crushed tomatoes and spices..........
.........either stuff the peppers whole or in half (when freezing I always cut the peppers in half, but when cooking for that day I leave them whole).......
Waa Laa...stuffed peppers! There is also a sauce that I make to pour over the peppers..but didn't make it in advance. It is real simple, crushed tom, veg oil, onion and garlic.. (The above made 4 of these containers for freezing!)
This past week all I can think about is food. I am hungry 24/7. I frigin ate an entire pizza on Tuesday night!! (I do not do that normally.) And when I woke up Wed I was starving again.
I am hoping my back feels better soon, I would really like to get the eggplant done today...
3 comments:
Okay, I have to ask, are you saying "Waa Laa" facetiously? Because it's one of me and my friend's longest standing inside jokes. The actual word (which I'm sure you know) is "VoilĂ " and she had an old boss who used to type "waalaa" in emails and we dont' think she actually knew it. So when I just saw you type it, I just had to ask.
Stuffed peppers. Ick!! But so glad you like it. See, my mother made me (forced!) eat this out of green peppers, which I do not like, from a young age. So it's one of my worst food memories!
Jeez, I'm full of niceties tonight, eh?
I'm pretty hungry lately too. I haven't had a big appetite, but this past week, I've not been able to fill up. Hell, I just ate 3 bowls of chicken lo mein and rice. And I'm not talking small bowls!
ha ha..I totally was NOT trying to get you on the Waa Laa thing. It is actually something that I have said (typed) forever, because no one seems to know the actual word is Voila...so I I gave up on it years ago.
I never liked stuffed peppers with beef (haven't eaten beef since I was around 11), but I found this recipe a couple of years ago and LOVE the stuffing. T does not eat the pepper skins either, just the stuffing.
I LOVE stuffed peppers...and of COURSE you need to eat the hole thing!! Not just the stuffing! What a shame to leave that yummy looking pepper. LOL
Post a Comment