April 22, 2011

Friday Night Leftovers.....Good Friday?




Ahhh gotta love the weekly routine/ritual of leftovers. To get the entire menu visit Sippy Cups are not for Starbucks.






  • Speaking of Starbucks, in honor of Earth day 2011 (4/22) if you bring a reusable cup in your coffee OR tea is FREE!!!!! But you must act on 4/22!


  • My title references Good Friday. I am not religious nor do I practice any of the traditions/rituals of religion. I get that these are important to people and I don't insert my beliefs or thoughts upon them during these times...I do however participate in the non religious parts of the holidays....easter bunny, santa claus....I wanted to take K to an easter egg hunt but all the ones I found locally you had to be 3 to enter! WTF? So I just stuffed 26 eggs with kisses, m&ms, sidewalk chalk holders, and water squirters and K and her friend L will be having their very own 18mo and 2yr old egg hunt tomorrow afternoon!


  • I received a really nice compliment from my senior leader today. It made me feel valued and appreciated. Sometimes you need that.


  • I bought K some big girl undies today, hello kitty ones. She is NO WHERE near potty training, but we do read books about it, watch videos on it, talk about it....I am thinking I am going to try to get dressed in front of her more frequently and have her pay attention to my undies. Using that as an opportunity to show her the super cool hello kitty panties and explain that until she uses the potty all the time she can't wear them....


  • While I want to potty train her, I also don't mind her in diapers. They are easy and well, she is probably my one and only baby so I hate to see her got older, move onto new stages.


  • I managed to get myself up 3 mornings in a row at 5am and hit the gym for a minimum of an hour! I am taking Friday (today when you read this!) off, but intend to return Saturday and then again next week before work.


  • As a reward I went out today after work and bought myself 3 new sports bra, don't be all hatin and shit now...


  • Just in the past 2 weeks K started something new, when you ask her how old she is, she says "I two! " So flippin cute....I can't fathom why T doesn't want to do this all again......


  • My MIL is moving forward with selling her house. I asked her to let me have all her baby toys, and told her that while I did not think we were going to have another child, I was not ready to get rid of the toys yet. She got it, I know........I am still struggling with this almost daily ~sigh~


  • My Mom is flying up here in May for a long weekend. She hasn't been here since Xmas. K has change SO MUCH since then. I am glad she could take a few days off to come up. I wish my Dad would come back soon too (hint hint Dad!)


  • Yet another really good friend told me today she was pregnant. I am (really I am) so happy for her, yet I find myself so resentful at the same time.


  • Next weekend I am going to NYC! I am taking a bus trip with my Sister and her co-workers. They can be a wild bunch. I am preparing myself to ...any of the following A) get drunk B) wind up in jail C) be on the big video screen in times square


Thanks to Danifred for once again hosting all of our left over BS for the week. I hope to have some Egg Hunt photos for you this weekend. Whether your family is celebrating the resurrection of christ or simply the easter bunny coming to visit with loads of sweets and treats, have a very happy, healthy and love filled weekend~much love from Karianne, Terry and Kira~





5 comments:

Carrie27 said...

We all need praise to help boost our self-esteem - so I'm happy you received some, I'm sure it was long overdue.

I don't practice our religion, but I'm all about having an excuse to do something fun for the kids.

Finally, I am having a hard time being happy for others who are hearing great news, when I've got nothing but bad.

Nicole said...

Over from FNL. A trip to NYC sounds great. I always wanted to go there. When friends tell me they are pregnant, I am happy for them. But those moments of resent still come up.

Anonymous said...

I am not religious at all so Easter for me, and my family, is ALL about the Easter bunny and candy and yummy food! :-)

I'm sorry you are still having a hard time with the thought of not having any more kids. I totally get it (even though I had the second...I often times think daryl would have been perfectly satisfied with just one child.) When do you want to get together so you can get some baby-squeezing in? ;-) Avery is excited to meet you! Wanna plan for a weekend day in May?

Danifred said...

Who puts an age limit on an easter egg hunt? Ruiners. That's sucks.

I bought Bean some underwear too. She peed herself one time and wants nothing to do with them anymore.

Sarah said...

Yay for praise! It feels great to be given a sincere compliment.

I haven't even thought about underwear for Alice. We are working on her realizing pee and poo.

Sean wants to be done with kids. I think I may want another one or two. I know he didn't want any, but changed his mind after Alice because we had to have a boy. So he got his boy and is done. I may try to convince him otherwise in a couple years.