July 29, 2009

napping...

"How does she sleep"..this is a question every parent hears from every person you speak to about your child. It is similar to being pregnant and being asked the top 10 questions over and over again....

Baby K sleeps GREAT at night. Since around 8 weeks old she has been sleeping through the night. She regularly sleeps a total of 12 hours straight, although lately it has been nearly 14 (like OMG it is awesome), but...yes there is a but, she is not a good napper. And by this I mean she does not take the duration of naps that "we" would like. We have come to realise that we have no control over this aspect and that we best not bitch cause she does sleep great at night....

Bring us to present day..This week she has decided that sleeping 14 hours straight and waking between 7:30 and 8:30 (am) is a better idea (Mommy and Daddy agree) AND she has begun this 2.5-3 hour nap thing in the afternoons. I mean EVERY DAY for the past 4 days she has done this. I am afraid to get used to it. T and I have learned how to do so many things in the normal 30 minute time frame we have become accustomed to, that to have 2-3 hours of sleeping baby time, well it, dare I say it....Bores me.

Oh wait, what is that I hear???? My baby starting to wake up? Yeah! (nap time today was 2hours 11mins)

2 comments:

mandy_moo said...

I hate those questions... the ones you answer a million times to a million different people. My least favorite? "Do you know what you're having?" Well... I'm hoping for a baby, since I already have 3 dogs...

I also kinda hate when people ask me how far along I am, but nobody can keep track of someone else's pregnancy, so I don't mind that one as much.

To A T said...

So months from now, can you send me some of this "sleeping baby dust" 'cause I'm pretty sure I'm gonna need it! ;-)