Damn MTV...I just watched an episode of their docu-drama/mentary and am f*ing balling my eyes out.
The couple, both very young, chose to give their baby up for adoption. This must be such a hard decision to make period, but I can not imagine making it at 16. Such love goes into a decision like that. After the girl delivered the baby, the boyfriend just hugged her and told her time and time again how they were doing the right thing, how their girl would be so loved and so cared for...it broke my heart and filled my heart at the same time...
Damn MTV....
7 comments:
Will you please tell Kevin (my fiance) that you cried too? He was laughing at me the other night because I was bawling my eyes out watching it too!!
I was really disappointed how their parents treated them for making the *RIGHT* decision. Obviously you can tell her mom wasn't receiving "Mother of the Year" award, and it looks like she would want more for her grandchild than she gave her own daughter! Her mother was a total bitch. I was really upset watching it, I guess after having a baby it hits home watching shows like that...but once I saw the people adopting the baby I felt better because I knew they would give that girl a wonderful life. Oh and the bracelet scene after the baby was born really brought on the waterworks! haha
The finale special is next Thursday and the wonderful couple who adopted their daughter brings her on the show to reunite the parents with her...be ready to cry some more girl! lol
Dang it... it's times like this when I wish I had cable.
I don't know if you knew this but before I got pregnant we were in the middle of the adoption process (just paperwork) so I am a HUGE adoption advocate, and I LOVE stories like this.
I think it is so amazing and beautiful that anyone could make such a sacrifice just so their baby could have a wonderful life with a married mom and dad who are financially and emotionally stable and ready for a child, but especially for such young kids to make such a wise decision... I can't help but believe God will bless them for it.
Was that the one where the adoptive parents gave her a bracelet that she would wear, the baby girl would wear and the adoptive mama would wear? I ONLY saw that part of the entire show, about five minutes, but in that five minutes I must have cried a river! LOL
i saw that too.... darn that MTV... but yay for adoption. i can't imagine having to make such an impossible decision.
I watched that the other night, too, and cried as well!
I loved that one!! His dad was all 'be a man and love your kid' and the son was like "We're giving her a better life." Usually the kids on 16 and pregnant make me want to throw things at them... but those two I wanted to hug.
Post a Comment