....Mother? I don't that I am, some may say that I am, but my kid seems happy. She smiles a lot, sleeps great, wakes up and starts her day with bouts of laughter...but yeah I may be a Horrible, Terrible, Rotten, No good mother.
Here are 10 things that I do that (some would) place me in that category...
- There are bumpers in her crib
- I allow her to sleep with a blanket, hell sometimes she has two!
- She has 3-5 toys in her crib at any given time
- I allow her to lay in her crib for an hour or more in the mornings so we can sleep longer (which is why she has toys in there)
- I give her icy cold water in her bottle on hot days
- I use fabric softener in her laundry
- I used sunscreen on her before she was 6mos old
- I started her on solids before she was 6mos old
- I did not call the doctor when she had a cold with a low fever
- I let her sleep on her belly if she chooses that position for the night
I belong to a message board for Mom's of Feb born babies. Kari at Twice the Price (OMG have you seen her girls? They are super adorable!) invited me to join. I have learned a lot of really valuable things on this board...but I have also learned that I am seriously relaxed when it comes to parenting.
I frequently hold back from commenting on certain posts because sometimes it seems like they are over reacting. But then I have to remember that everyone has a right to parent in their own way....but then I come back to the question of whether I am too relaxed.
Should I worry more? I don't feel like I should, but I question myself because it seems like others worry about things I have never even thought of....
No matter what...I come back to this face and know that I am NOT a Horrible, Terrible, Rotten, No good mother.
6 comments:
I think every child is different.
If it makes baby K happy, which makes you happy then how can it not be a good thing.
Holy muffins she is so damn cute. Believe me, if you are a horrible rotten stinkin no good mommy then so am I. I almost have done all of the things on your list, especially just let him play in his crib so I can get extra sleep! No you shouldn't be more worried about thing, save it for when she becomes a teenager!
I'm with you. I look at moms like that and think "How can they ENJOY their child when they stress out over everything so often!"
I mean.......be careful, and take precautions, but also use common sense. Not all rules apply to all kids.
Or something like that.
i think you're a wonderful mom! baby k will grow up in a realxed, comfy environment. i fail to see how that is a bad thing. :)
i have to admit, i do stress over SIDS realted stuff (sleeping on tummies, etc. but i think thats bc the NICU put the fear of god into me over that stuff. so i take no chances there. plus, my dudes can't roll over yet!) but i do give the boys solids (at 4 mos, 3 adjusted), i allow them to get puppy kisses, we use sunscreen, & i dont make them nap in their cribs, & val starts every morning playing by himself in his crib. (call me crazy, but i think he enjoys it.) so if you're a horrible mom, i guess i am too. & i wouldn't have it any other way! :)
Baby K looks like she is surviving :)!!
I did 6 out of the 10 above and didn't think badly of the other 4!!
My pediatrician had me try foods at 4mos (although Em wasn't having it)
I also wondered if I wasn't worrying enough, if I was too laid back. You are her Mom and when she has a fever or is sick and you think she needs a Dr- you will do the right thing and go. You know what she needs and you provide it.
You are her best advocate!
I lied at the doctor's office because I didn't want a lecture. I still nurse Bobby to sleep (he's 5 months). It works and we both get decent sleep, so why stop now?
I know I need to so it's easier when others watch him, but eh, I need my sleep!
I think we all second guess ourselves more than other generations did because there is so much information out there. 75 (even 50) years ago, you would have just asked another mother.
She's adorable, growing, and thriving, so keep doing what you're doing!
Post a Comment