November 11, 2008

Time for an intervention?

...I am an addict.....to the Internet that is. We have no Internet access at home right now. It is totally stressing me out! I can't get into facebook, myspace or my Yahoo mail. WTF??

We were in the process of switching from our phone company to our cable company for Internet access...no more. Now I need to call the phone company and get a technician out to my house to hook me up in the den for Internet access.

It is times like this that it becomes apparent to me and T that I AM my father's daughter.....I have his temper....his really really bad temper....

Here is our journey into switching Internet providers.....
  • T called the cable company Sat night because he got an error while installing the drivers for the new modem. After spending a significant amount of time on the phone with them they were of no help, so a help desk ticket needed to be opened and the service desk would get back to us in 24-48 hours....
  • Sunday I called to check on the status and try to have it escalated. No luck, I spoke with the escalation desk and they basically told me that 24-48 hours is standard for residential accounts and that the ticket was assigned and I would be hearing from someone soon....
  • Monday night around 7:45 I called again (seeing as though 48 hours has passed and still no call back), again they tell me that it is assigned to someone and I will be hearing from someone in the next 24-48 hours..so I questions this of course..seeing as though it has already been 48 hours. The rep proceeds to tell me that 24-48 is "business days" so Saturday and Sunday don't count. I FLIPPED OUT!

Do you think that when we spoke to people on Sat and Sun anyone said this to me? That was the last straw (that and the fact that they kept me on hold for 28 mins!). I told the rep to take his self starter kit and shove it up his ass! Cancel my sign up with them and if they wanted their equipment back they could come get it because I would NOT go out of my way to assist them in getting it back. I then told him that if his shit was still in my house at the end of this week I would be running it over for pleasure.

Man it pissed me off! But now I am screwed because I have no Internet at home. This means I can't even work from home when I need to. It is going to cost me well over $100 to have the phone company come out to hook up a jack in my den. And hell, while they are there, i am going to have other rooms converted too.

3 comments:

Chele76 said...

what about going wireless? Does your laptop have wireless capabilities? Then all you need is a wireless modem and voila. Network through the entire house.

The Captain's Wife said...

no laptop in my house...it is a desktop.

Julie said...

I had the same issue with the move. Go wireless. We have a desk top too. We bought a wireless modem and a wireless router that can be anywhere in the house where you have an existing phone jack. The phone company charges like so much the first hr and then it goes up to over $100 an hr after that.

If you need more details I can get them to Michele.