Not sure I grew a lot in the last couple of weeks, maybe a hair bit though.
.jpg)
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
I had my baby shower yesterday, it was great, got loads of good shit (it outta be good-I picked it all out!), T and I went through it all again last night and I showed him all the fun toy stuff.
But if I can be totally honest on here...really disappointed in my friends. Don't get me wrong a few of my friends were there, and they are actually the ones that tend to blow shit off last minute, but then there were at least 7 of my friends that never said they weren't coming (some even arranged to bring food) yet didn't show up. Now a day later, not even a phone call. WTF is that about?
One of my MIL friends came (she was invited) and didn't bring a gift, is that not odd? I hate to sound ungrateful...but really, do you go to a bridal or baby shower, a birthday party, and NOT bring a gift?
I am confused/concerned about my registry....there are a few items that are showing as purchased (rather expensive items) yet I didn't get them. The people that didn't show up are not people with loads of money so I don;t think that any of them bought the $170 playpen, I am wondering if the store messed up. Guess I'll wait a couple of weeks to see if it arrives on my doorstep.
Also..is this weird? I received nipples (bottle nipples) from 3 people....but no one got me bottles. I registered for the bottles and the nipples...weird?
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Bought some really cute onesies and PJ's this week at Old Navy. They were having a kick ass sale on Baby stuff (in some cases it was 70% off). I think the most I spent on any one item was $2.50.
PEACE LOVE AND ROCK & ROLL
THE WINGS WITH A MUSIC NOTE IN THE CENTER
.jpg)
ROCK AND ROLL LEGEND
.jpg)
RECYCLE
.jpg)
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
T should be done sanding the baby's room floor tomorrow. He Polyurethane it 2 coats and we should be able to start moving stuff in my the weekend. Can't wait to have that project to work on. I need to start preparing the room to help me pass some time and figure out what else I could need to get.....
6 comments:
Some people want to celebrate a baby but may not have the money to buy a present. Or maybe she didn't really know you that well and it was a last minute thing? ~shrug~. I wouldn't give it a second thought though.
I gotta do something about my own baby shower. I am not having a "shower", as I'm not going to get gifts, but I do want to celebrate the baby. Maybe take all my girlfriends to lunch. My MIL was supposed to do this, but it's been 2 months and haven't heard shit. heh. Maybe this is a good thing.
I was gonna say what Nancy said (about MIL's friend)...maybe she doesn't know you well enough to feel the need to bring a gift? Although in my book, you are invited to a shower and you go--you bring a gift!
And about your friends? I'm sorry they did that. I think that's shitty. At least a PHONE call would have been nice "Hey I can't make it" or "Hey, I'm sorry I missed it" would suffice! This doesns't make it RIGHT but I think sometimes people get so wrapped up in their own lives that they sorta "forget" about everyone else's (which sucks cuz if YOU had blown of one of THEIR showers, I'm sure they would have felt the same way)!
OMG!!! I just got a package in the mail with the freaking cutest MONKEY footed pjs in it. And I must say, a ~card~ i actually think is adorable! (i'm anti-card. more later)
You are the coolest girl EVER!!!!
I'm going to post about it, but I just had to say something now while the emotions were new.
Wow!!!
THANK YOU!
Your belly is definately getting bigger...but that's a good thing! Oh and the outfits were freakin so cute!! Sorry about your friends, and although I didn't want to to sound ungrateful after my shower I had some complaints...oh well, we're women!
hmmmm I wonder just WHERE that playpen went. I'd call babys-r-us and see what's up :)
you sneaky sneaky people.....
Post a Comment