November 1, 2008

Accomplished...

I painted the baby's room today....all by myself! I get impatient waiting for T to do things, so I took it upon myself to do it. The color I chose was Aloe Essence by Valspar. It should be good for either a girl or a boy. (I'll post some pics in a later post..once it is done)

All I have left to do is the heater covers, which need to be cleaned first. I'll do those tomorrow. And the trim. I am just going to go with a crisp white for the trim. The windows and closet are already white (need a fresh coat) but the trim around the floor is all natural wood. I would prefer the wood, but don't want to go through the effort to strip all the already painted stuff..

I am also thinking about replacing the closet doors.....we'll see.

There is wall to wall carpet in my upstairs rooms. However the people we bought the house from had a dog and kids, so the carpet is pretty gnarly. I would LOVE to rip it up and re-finish the hardwood floors. I am crossing my fingers that I will be able to get T to do this in at least the baby's room. If he won't I will have to spend money on new carpet because I will not be letting a baby crawl around on this gross floor.

2 comments:

Chele76 said...

let the nesting begin! ;)

Anonymous said...

It sounds like the room will be beautiful when it's finished.

Have you thought of painting the closet doors to match the walls?

By the way, I am holding a nursery pictures contest on my site until Jan 2009. Come over and enter when your room is finished, I would love to see it!

Enter here

You can win a $75 gift certificate from PinkTaffyDesigns if you win and your baby's room will be featured on my home page.