November 21, 2008

Personal days...

Are pretty flippin fabulous! I have today off. Slept in a bit (till 8:30), of course I still had to get up at 5:00 to feed the cat. I would have slept later than I did but T had to get up to go serve on a Jury..poor guy, he is miserable about it.

If there is one thing about my husband that I know, it is that he is not a fan of the way the justice system works. Well maybe that isn't totally the way to put it...he just does not feel that it should be up to him to determine the fate of another human being..he is not god. Luckily he is serving on a civil case, which simply involves a cash payout vs. jail time of an individual, but still, he is not at all happy about it.

When he went in on Tuesday for Jury Duty I told him to wear one of his funny political shirts that I've gotten him over the years...like "The Gaza Strip Club XXX" or "R.I.P Habeas Corpus" I figured those would help prevent him from being chosen, but no..he wears a fishing shirt. Duh they want the rednecks!

Anyway, I now have the house to myself. I was going to work on the baby's room but it stinks WAY too bad for me to go in there right now. T finished up the floors, they look so good, I am so proud of him (and can not wait for him to do the rest of the upstairs!). Instead I think I'll go up to town for breakfast at my favorite diner, finish up my dreaded thank you cards (only like 40 more to go-ouch), and start organizing some of these gifts into piles...you know stuff that needs to be washed, stuff that needs to go in the closet for a while until baby is bigger, stuff that we will use right away...etc.

Everyone enjoy your weekends. Tomorrow I have a hair appt, a 3rd b-day party and a 70's party tomorrow night..busy day. But nadda on Sunday!

One last note~ Congrats to Amanda on the birth of her precious baby Noah this week!

3 comments:

Morgan Owens said...

Dude I hate thank you notes..as rude as it sounds! I did all 30 of mine from the first shower and then spilled a 44 oz. of tea on all of them and had to redo them all...yeah, PISSED!!

nancy said...

you suck for having personal days. I'm saving everything for maternity leave!!

I freaking laughed aloud at your "sidler" comment because when I was listing the seinfeldish issues they've had on the show, I almost wrote about the sidler. In fact, when someone scares me (i'm easily startled) I usually yell at them for being a sidler. Great minds ...

The Salesman's Point of View said...

What a great day. I never get picked for JURY DUTY....that is probably best for the citizens of this fine country we live in.

I glad to see you enjoyed your day off. Enjoy them while you can.....soon your new baby will be your master....lol