November 18, 2008

Sneaky Sneaky....

My friend Rose, one of my closest and dearest friends, organized a surprise baby shower at work today! There were lots of people involved in actually pulling it off, she had to have help to pull one over on me! Of course this is also on one of the days that I chose to not wear one on my really cute pregnancy outfits (yes there really are cute outfits out there), hair is up in barrettes, and no make up on....

It totally caught me off guard. I thought I was going into this dreaded 2009 budget meeting. I had all my shit printed out, all my defense talking points outlined, I was "so" prepared! My boss scheduled this god awful meeting from 12-2...Hello! Do you not know that pregnant people need to eat meals? I advised her that I would be a little late since I was booked up till noon and really needed to heat my lunch up and bring it with me (stuffed peppers...yummy).

There was a line in the break room, so me being me, I waited patiently chatting away. One of my fellow managers came in looking for me, again I explained that um hello, I am mid way through my 7th month of pregnancy and can not go without lunch..I'll be there in a few minutes! For christ sakes can't a girl heat up lunch around these parts?

So I head into the room I think the meeting is in, only to walk in on like 30 people, so I quickly turn and walk out figuring I have the wrong room. They had to stop me. I still at this point had no clue!

So now I know where my 2nd play pen and crib mobile were.....also got just tons and tons a other stuff. One girl gave me this box that was decorated by her two little girls and in the box contained like 15 of their favorite baby and childhood books. She also gave me a hand made afghan from her mother. I got the coolest diaper cake from one of my employees and this one woman I work with she makes chocolates....she made a rocking baby cradle with a sleeping baby in it out of white chocolate and surrounding it are lots a little pieces of dark and milk chocolate foot prints, baby blocks, rattles...too flippin cute to eat!

Loads of PJ's, onesies, blankets, diapers, etc...almost like an entire 2nd shower!

I'll take some pics of the chocolates and diaper cake later...my camera batteries are dead right now.

5 comments:

Chele76 said...

he he he! We got you!!! :D

Anonymous said...

Wow that is awesome! You have great coworkers. :-)

Chele76 said...

yea she does :)

Morgan Owens said...

Congrats on the shower! I bet that was an awesome surprise!!

nancy said...

Holy moly! That's awesome! See what happens to awesome girls who send gifts to crazy internet girls? They get rewarded with karma!!! :)

btw - i always see "the jayhawks" over on the right column of your blog and always wanted to tell you how I met the singer a little while ago while on his solo tour. Not really an exciting story, but I lurve the jayhawks. :)