September 29, 2008

Road Trip....

We are taking a few days away before I get to uncomfortable for travel.

T and I are going to Niagara Falls this weekend! Neither of us have never been there before. I have driven through Canada to get to Michigan but other than that this is our first trip there.

I booked us a Canadian side, Falls View Room at the Marriot on the falls. Got a pretty decent rate with my AAA discount. T could care less about the view but I really want to see it as much as possible.

We are planning to do all the cheesy tourist stuff...the Maid of the Mist (takes visitors on a boat ride at the foot of Niagara Falls for a wet and wild view of the 13-story falls from below.) The Journey Behind the Falls (sounds like thunder as you descend to tunnels that travel to Observation Decks literally behind the falls.) and the White Water Walk (the boardwalk on the edge of the Niagara white waters).

Since we both have to work this Saturday, we'll be leaving Sunday morning around 8am and I figure it should take us around 8 or 9 hours to get there (of course it could be longer since I'll need to pee at least once an hour). We will be able to spend all day Monday and Tuesday there, grab breakfast on Wed and head out.

Hoping that we will see some great foliage on the way up and back as well. CT is already starting to turn, so I would assume that parts of northern MA, VT, and NY will be peaking right now.

Have you ever been to Niagara Falls? Have any suggested sights to be seen? Have you been to any other of the 7 wonders of the world? (This is T's second 7th wonder- he's been to the Grand Canyon. This is my first, I missed out on the a Taj when I was in India)

2 comments:

Chele76 said...

oooh! Sounds like a fun weekend! Have a great time!

Morgan Owens said...

Girl I've never been out of Texas but once to Louisiana, so going to Niagra Falls is one of those "dream" vacations for me. It sounds awesome though..I hope you have a fun and safe time!