September 23, 2008

This place is turning to shit...

...This place being my work place.

I work in IT, as do several of you reading this...and we have processes for everything...I am waiting for the process to be rolled out for when we need to take a shit during business hours...

The thing that pisses me off the most is that we (IT) is held to following our processes, but when our customers decide to not follow it, it's ok and we have to suck it up and take it. Well it is bullshit.

My job is seriously stressing me out lately. It can't be good for me, it can't be good for the baby. I just had my BP checked and it was normal (thankfully) but I had it checked cause my chest frigin hurts. It hurts to breath, it hurts to think about breathing.

My staff is burnt out, I am burnt out. We work 12 hour days, then go home and log in to work 3-5 more hours. We log in over the weekends, during vacations, holidays, etc...

All just shit...a big pile of shit.

4 comments:

nancy said...

I had no idea you were on my team!

Unknown said...

You would think that someone in the industry would fix this. It happens across companies, and as a consultant who works with multiple clients, I can say that with conviction. This shit must stop!!!

Morgan Owens said...

Sorry your job is so shitty! I know it's miserable waking up and having to dread the day ahead of you! I hope things get better! SMILE! :)

Anonymous said...

That sounds like ANXIETY to me with the pain in the chest, hard to breathe. It's a bitch.