September 26, 2008

Random..

Rain Rain go away.....

It's pouring out there....another tropical storm takes us down on a Friday and Saturday. I wouldn't mind it so much except that I have to go into downtown to our main office in a little while (for a class that will teach me how to identify and train my successor-makes you feel warm and fuzzy doesn't it?) which requires me to walk through the rain, drive through the rain, carry a dripping wet umbrella around..just eck...

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Baby X update

I am fairly certain I am feeling some movement finally!! I don't understand why people say it feels like butterflies or gas...that's not what it feels like to me. The best way for me to describe it, is it feels like when your eye does that twitching thing..you know like a muscle spasm (but without pain). I felt it often on Wed and Thur this week...nothing today, but it's only lunch time.

When I told T about the movement and described it to him he says...."Oh I love when that happens (the eye spasm) I try to stay really focused so it lasts a long time" OMG what a doofus. I can't believe I (a) made a baby with this wacky man (b) am going to leave a baby with him unattended.

It did make me laugh so hard I thought I would pee myself (although that's not too hard these days either).

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Shitty shit work place update....

...it still sucks. There was a time that I loved my job. And it really was not all that long ago. Yesterday was a bad, really Bad, day. I was thrown under the bus by a manager that is higher in the shit pole than I am, but seriously thrown under the bus with no defenses. It was wrong, really wrong.

There was a Happy Hour last night for our VP who has decided to leave the company (cause he clearly can afford it!), my old boss offered to buy me a soda pop if i went....I went and he bought me a Nice Tall Cold Pint of Long Trail. Wow it really hit the spot. So many people gave me this "look" but then turned around and asked if I was going to drink a glass of red wine...what the hell is the difference? So I had a beer instead of wine, at least beer has wheat, barley, oats. Wine has grapes. Well I had had my fill of fruit already thank you very much!


Mmm.. that beer was the best beer I have drank in my entire life.

3 comments:

nancy said...

It felt like butterflies/gas to me like at 13-14 weeks. Now it's completely different. I'm finally feeling full on kicks that only started at 21 weeks. It's funny - I had been waiting and waiting (damn anterior placentas!) and now the baby is non stop. I feel it. Everyone else can feel it. And now I can even see it. It's like going 0-60 in a matter of days.

Anonymous said...

OMG your hubby is hilarious! I HATE eye twitchs,I get them constantly (I think due to my caffeine intake) and I always try to wish them away!

moosh said...

I still can't stop laughing at T's reaction, boys can be so damn odd and adorable at the same time.

And seriously, if the worse thing you ever do to Baby X is have A beer once a month while you're pregnant, that kid is going to have an extremely charmed life! Just think, only 4-5 more months of your body being public property...