I hate long weekends, I really do. They are just so damn depressing. I get all relaxed and unwound and then Wham- HA HA you have to go back to work! On a normal weekend I don't get to that mode of relaxation. But a long weekend I do, I start to feel like when I am on vacation.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
I came home from work on Friday early cause I was sick as a dog. I could not keep anything down that I ate or drank (sorry TMI). Finally around 2pm I sent my staff home and headed there myself.
When I arrived I made myself a PB&J and went to bed. I managed to get 1/2 the sandwich down and was feeling icky so I laid down and covered my sandwich.......off to dream land I went......and did not wake up until nearly 17 hours later! Not even to pee! I was just so dehydrated from being so sick all day that I guess i didn't need to go.
I did wake up at one point to T screaming bloody murder because when he came into the bedroom I had the TV on (fell asleep with it on) and it was probably on Discovery Health or some other medical show, and apparently there was a woman giving birth in her car after being in a car accident. He FREAKED! He couldn't find the remote fast enough. I recall waking up looking at the TV, laughing and telling him he'd better get over this fear of his...and back to sleep I went.
Anyway, my Saturday was spent pretty much vegging on the couch eating egg noodles and drinking water. Sunday I was feeling a bit better, T and I went out for breakfast and he went to a "Guitar Summit" aka "guys only party" at a friends and I went to a local fair to walk around. Monday was a BBQ at his Mom's where his family got to see the belly for the first time. We were certainly the center of attention on Monday.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Monday evening we came home from the BBQ and watched a movie...I think it was called Before the Devil Knows Your Dead. It had Philip Seymour Hoffman in it (I love him!). It also had Ethan Hawke and Marissa Tomei (sp?). It was a really good movie. Sunday night we watched I'm not There, the movie depicting various stages of Bob Dylan's life....I was not too impressed. I suppose if I was a bit more knowledgeable about his life and history then I would have enjoyed it more. It was made by the same director that made Palendromes, which I thought was a really bizarre but very cool flick..
3 comments:
What the hell? I came over here to tell you I replied to your comment on my blog and I don't see a comment from me. I totally read this post earlier today and I could have sworn I commented. Maybe you have moderation on and you haven't published it yet.
So if this is a repeat, my apologies...
I'm so sorry you were sick! But it seems you are doing better. (wow - 17 hours of sleep? Good lord woman, I haven't slept like that for, um, 4 1/2 years!?? The joys of motherhood.)
I wanted to mention about your belly tattoo. I also have a flower around my belly button that actually looks surprisingly like yours! Funny. Mine was because I got drunk and decided to MAKE a tattoo gun out of an electric pencil sharpener motor and used the ink out of a BIC pen. So awesome. The best part? I tattoo'd "sXe" on my belly cause I thought it was ~hilarious~ to tattoo straightedge while I was drunk. So it was covered up with a flower a few days later.
Yuck sorry to hear you were feeling sick but at least you had the nice long weekend to veg out and recup!
17 hours without peeing? That has to be a pregnancy record!!! I can usually last an hour...2 when I am sleeping.
Post a Comment