....for real, how could you not know you were pregnant? Have you seen the program I am referring to? I spent a good 3 hours on my couch on Sunday watching this ridiculous show. If I had never been pregnant before I may be able to grasp the concept of not knowing I was pregnant, but seeing as though I have been, I can not even imagine how anyone can go a full 9 (10) months and "not know I was pregnant". Between the huge basketball (large melon if your lucky) that grows out of your abdominal cavity and the kicking, scratching, and hiccups that cup from within, I just don't buy the not knowing.
This was what I looked like at 40wks with K. Do you think I could have gotten away with not knowing?
Okay, okay. I know a lot of these women go a bit early due to lack of prenatal care, so here I was at 25 wks (just after viability). Again, think I could have gotten away with it?
Do any of any of you now any real life "didn't know" stories?
6 comments:
That show boggles my ever loving mind. I just don't get it.
Ridiculousness at it's worst.
I don't get it either.
I have a friend who hid her pregnancy.. She was very very thin, and was living with her parents and they didn't even know she was pregnant. There was no way that you could have told that she was pregnant and with her daughter, she go the nice big round belly. The only really one on that show that i could really see was the lady who had her tubes tied and she already had 2 grown daughters and thought she was going through menopause, with the missed periods.
My sister, but to a lesser extent. She was a senior in college, student teaching, and on weight watchers. She thought she was just exhausted from teaching and going to school, but was frustrated she wasnt losing weight. And she was bleeding on and off so she figured it was her period. She finally "missed" a period and took a test. Positive. She figured she was about 4-5 weeks. SURPRISE, 17 weeks. And I swear the next day she had a belly. I don't understand not knowing the full 40 weeks though. I'm 31w and MISERABLE. And huge.
My SIL claimed fo not know...twice. No one believes her though. Well, not no one, but like you said, how can you not know?!? However, it wasn't super apparent. She was very over weight and wore big baggy clothes anyway. I do understand the stories of women who were told they are unable to conceive and never crossed their mind as a possibility. But, really?! Never crossed your mind when your belly was rolling and something was karate chopping inside?!
Post a Comment