Thank you to Danifred for giving me a place to brain dump weekly...
- I am done shopping for Christmas, that means done buying, but not that I am pleased. I feel bad that T is kind of getting jipped. When I wrapped last night it hit me that he didn't get anything that I am excited to give him.
- K on the other hand, Oy Vey (funny how I used Jewish slang when discussing Christmas eh?). I didn't spend a lot on her, but holy christ that child has a lot of crap. I actually took 4 presents and put them back in the attic for her birthday which shortly follows Christmas.
- I was out today getting a few things for our friends kids and encountered all the grumpy shoppers. This was a reminder to me of why I try to get all my shopping done BEFORE Thanksgiving.
- The last place I stopped, after a very long day, had a parking for pregnant and new mom's spot. I totally parked there. And didn't feel guilty about it one bit!
- Lately K is obsessed with a "Baby Bird". We had several nights/days of waking in tears because she wanted this baby bird so badly. I searched the mall one night last week after work and the only flippin "bird" I could find was Woodstock from Charlie Brown. He worked and it is now her favorite thing in the entire world (next to her na'night).
- Bedtime has been getting much better. That could be a whole other post though.
- I broke down and upgraded our cable box to a DVR. In trying to keep our expenses down I had steered away from the added $7.95 a month, however on demand is being a complete dick lately and delaying the showing of programs for a full week. This means that you are always a full week behind. BS. I must say I have loved not trying to force myself to stay awake for my favorite shows.
- Have you been watching American Horror Story on FX. LOVE IT! Really great writing, and super scary.
On the Baby front, oh yes that's right, I am pregnant.
- With K I tracked every ounce I gained. I took belly photos every 2 weeks. I wrote down ever twing, cramp, kick, etc.
- This pregnancy is so different.
- Here I am at 19.5 weeks (almost half way!) and I don't even look at the scale when I go into the OB. I have yet to take 1 real photo of my belly (work bathroom mirror photos don't count). And quite frankly I don't have anything to really write down cause I feel so damn good. (knock on wood).
- Our "big ultra sound" is 12/28. We haven't discussed it in a while, but the last time we did we were not in agreement over finding out gender.
- When I look at my belly, I feel way bigger than I was with K at this stage.
- I can feel more baby kicks over the past few days. Mostly when I am in bed, at rest, and laying on my back. Not strong enough for anyone else to feel yet though.
- My RLS is kicking in. Going to have to bring it up when I go in on the 28th. I had hoped to make it longer without having to be on Vicoden, but it is getting really bad at night.
- I dreamt about beer last week for 3-4 nights in a row. When I was awake I could taste beer. On Tuesday night after K was in bed I cracked open a Smithwicks and can I tell you, it was the BEST beer I have ever drank in my entire life! No lie. That one beer was better, in many ways, than an orgasm. Craving is now gone and I was more than satisfied.
- I have begun to make a baby name list. I think I have my favorite girl name ready, one that I am willing to fight for. The boy names, once again, are a challenge. The name we chose when pregnant with K, had she been a boy, we have since shared with people, and actually have 1 friend that used it, as well as several that use the nicknames for it, so it is now off the list.

4 comments:
i craved beer thsi pg too :) maybe yuo're growing a frat boy! i cannot believe your almsot halfway thru yoru pregnancy... man, time flies!
I am SO with you on the beer and the RLS. The RLS keeps me from sleeping every night these days.
I was at a party tonight and I wanted to drink an entire bottle of red. I can't wait to just enjoy an ice cold beer or a great glass of red.
I HAVE to have DVR. We don't sit down to relax some evenings until 9 and by then most of our shows are over, this allows skipping of all commercials. Score!
So glad you are feeling so great with this pregnancy, can't wait to see pics of the baby after Xmas.
T won't care about having anything exciting to open...he'll be fine.
Love the pregnancy update. I love what the first commenter said about your growing a frat boy!
Post a Comment