December 11, 2011

20 Questions- Christmas Style

I am stealing this from Rebecca because I have nothing, or maybe too much, rolling around in my head to come up with my own ideas. So thanks Rebecca!


 1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Wrapping paper for T and K as well as for "special" gifts or gifts for kiddos. There is nothing better than getting a beautifully wrapped, decorated with bows and tags on Christmas. For most adults, co workers, etc I do gift bags.

 2. Real tree or Artificial? Artificial.  When we bought our house I bought an articulate, pre lit. I love it! I also love a real tree, but I generally have to handle the maintenance, so this one is way easier.
 
3. When do you put up the tree? The day after Thanksgiving! If I wouldn't get weird looks I'd do it sooner! When we had a real tree I waited until 2 weeks before Xmas, so yet another reason I love my artificial.

4. When do you take the tree down? Generally New Years weekend, or the week/end after. But always before the 2nd week in Jan. I do leave my window candles up and lit until @early March.
 
5. Do you like eggnog? I admit it.  Bleeechhh!
 
6. Favorite gift received as a child? Barbie dream house! Hands down BEST GIFT EVER!
 
7. Do you have a nativity scene? Nope. I used to, but feel it's inappropriate/hypocritical since we are not religious.

8. Hardest person to buy for? Me :). I buy what I want when I want it, so at Christmas I have a terrible time coming up with a list.

9. Easiest person to buy for? T and K. I know what they "need". 
 
10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail! I have never received an email card.
 
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? Probably a vacuum or blender or something like that.

12. Favorite Christmas Movie? A Christmas Story! Meatloaf, beat loaf, I hate meat loaf!
 
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? Usually over the summer at fairs.

14. Ever recycled a Christmas present? Oh please, of course! The trick is making sure y don't give it back to the person it originated from.

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Hmmmm, ham. No one in my house likes ham except me, so this is a big treat to me.
 
16. Clear lights or colored on the tree? White lights on our tree, fireplace, and in windows, but love old fashioned, big bulb, colored lights outside on bushes, the house, etc.
 
17. Favorite Christmas Song? Silent night, it brings a tear to my eye.
 
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? We began staying home last year. I made the decision that with a child, I wanted her to be able to stay home and enjoy her holiday. We travel before and after, but Christmas day is spent at home.

19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? Sometimes, but not always.
 
20. Angel on the tree top or a star? K insists on a star.

21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Everything on Christmas morning.

22. Most annoying thing about this time of year? How much focus people put on spending.
 
23. Favorite ornament, theme, or color?  Hmmm, see my response on light colors.

24. What do you want for Christmas this year? My family to love their Christmas. And a case for my phone, which I drop all the time!

4 comments:

Rebecca said...

Yes, you need a case.

They don't like ham? That's horrible!

Allison said...

Love this post! Might steal it, but I don't know how to tag...sorry!

And I agree - they don't like ham?? That's one of the very few meats M will eat!

Thanks for sharing!

Carrie27 said...

Jealous that you all get to stay put on Xmas day.

A phone case is a must!

Danifred said...

I think I could go word for word during A Christmas Story. LOVE that movie!