I deleted last nights post. I was drunk, i was depressed, i was drunk.
I awoke this morning in need of a dry out. Holy hangover sunday. Last night was my high school reunion. I organized it. We had an open bar. I hurt this morning big time.
When we came home I was trashed, barely capable of walking kind of trashed. And what do you get when you mix a really drunk female (who really wants another baby), days before her period, with several of her pregnant and trying to be pregnant class mates? You get an emotional train wreck. I lost it, complete and total break down. Poor T it came out of nowhere for him. I said it all, all the things I needed to say, the things he needed to hear.
We reached a new understanding. An understanding of each other's needs and feelings. He said yes to another baby if that is what I want. And can I tell you that today, I feel so much more at peace with not having another baby because I know he gets it. He knows that it is an important thing to me.
I don't know what our future will hold. I don't know if another baby is in it. All that matters is that he got it. Unfortunately it took a couple bottles of Pinot Noir, a blubbering wife, and a massive hangover to get there.
4 comments:
Sometimes having a couple drinks can help one feel more willing to discuss the darker issues. I'm glad you were able to get it all off your chest and have a sense of peace.
That is the worst hurt in the world, but at least you got it out. He needed to hear it...you needed to say it.
Glad you came to a new understanding.
Sorry you had a hangover, but it happens.
I hated the drunk right before my period...it was the WORST!
((hugs)) i'm glad you got it out, even though i'm sure it hurt you both, it seems you really needed to be nakedly honest with each other. now, whatever direction you choose, at least you're both choosing it with full knowledge of what it means to your partner.
& i'm sorry about the hangover. i HATE hangovers.
So sorry you had a tough night. Ultimately, it sounds like things worked themselves out though and what needed to be said was said. Hugs!
Post a Comment