June 27, 2011

Monday Mind Dump.........

My mind is racing.  So much to do, so much to say, no where to start.....
  • After our ordeal with K Thursday night I did not sleep at all.  Not because she was up (she slept until 8:30 Friday am) but because I kept waking up to listen for her crying.  We took her to the pedi on Friday and they did not agree with Nursemaid's elbow and actually suggested that it is a fracture.  Super!  So glad that I let the ER doctor twist turn and bend my kids arm every which way, more than likely aggravating and making it worse.  Score 1 for Mommy!  Poor kid, her upper arm/elbow is so swollen and black and blue.  But she loves wearing the ace bandage and sling.  They are her new must haves (previously was the tye dyed crocs and Disney beach hat).
  • Speaking of little Miss, she is all about wanting to be included AND including others.  Her newest phrases would be "I wanna help"  "Can I come"  "you wanna come Daddy" "I can do it".  I love her.
  • As much as I love her this whole cling to Mommy, get up up in shit business is getting old.  The child throws a tantrum if Daddy wants to read to her at nap or bed.  She insists that I change her diaper if I am home.  Oh and clearly Mommies are not allowed to shit alone.
  • Tomorrow is the big day for me.  Not really sure how I will fair (or is it fare?).  I am trying to not work myself up over it since it is out of my control and because I know that even if I am let go (pushed out the door) I will have several months before it takes affect so there is time to keep looking.  I will update how it ends up for me.
  • I only have to wake up 3 more times until I am on vacation!  I guess I'd better start packing each night this week.
  • While we are away I will be missing my Niece's birthday for the 1st time ever.  And it is her big 21st!  I feel terrible.
  • T and I went shopping at the outlets yesterday.  For the first time in nearly 3 years I shopped and bought absolutely nothing for K.  It was so hard to do!  But T really needed new shoes and shorts and I, well I can always use new stuff :) 
  • This is a summer of dresses for me.  I have bought 4 dresses in the past 3 weeks and I love them.  They are by far my favorite thing to pick out in the am.  I am wearing one today.
  • Look for some picture posts while I am on vacation!

4 comments:

kate said...

really hope K's arm is on the mend!! poor kid, but at least she's loving her sling!
& hope that you get good news at work!
sorry i ahve nothing more of substance to say, but i have to go puke before i get the kids up for the day :X

Carrie27 said...

Fingers crossed you hear good news from work.

3 days till vacation....woohooo!!!

Rebecca said...

Clingy kids drive me NUTS!!!

Good luck today...

Danifred said...

Hope your day went well and things with K are progressing nicely. Thinking of you!