- I hate people that park in handicapped spots that don't need to or are not eligible to. Yesterday at my local town grocery store, where there is 1 handicapped spot, some hippy kids (I have nothing against hippies in general) where parked in the spot while they returned their empty beer cans and I watched a very old man hobble across the parking lot with his cane because his spot was taken. I approached the kids and said something and they gave me attitude. Little bastards! Then I told the store manager and he promptly went out and said something as well. Screw off little shits!
- T and I are going away for a long weekend alone at the end of the month. It is his 40th birthday! We are heading up to NH to the white mountains. I suggested we go tot he top of Mt. Washington, now I am regretting this because I am starting to shit myself thinking about getting there. Should we drive up in our own car, take the Cog railroad or a guided bus? All have that risk of plummeting to our deaths over the side of the mountain, leaving our child orphaned. Scary shit...I am afraid I will chicken out now.
- There are a few words that people close to me mispronounce ALL THE TIME (you know who you are) It drives me batty~ Warsh instead of Wash, Idear instead of Idea and Marlot instead of Merlot, Wa La instead of Viola...just saying
- T and I are going to see Louis CK at the casino in Sept. I can not freaking wait! Have you ever seen him? We first saw him when he had a show on HBO (Lucky Louis) It was hilarious! A modern day Honeymooners. Now he has a show on FX (Louis CK). His stand up is super funny too. Lot's of marriage/parenting humor.
- I desperately need a new car. I have over 160K miles now and my Engine light is on, it comes and goes sporadically. My mechanic tells me to ignore it, there is nothing wrong other than a sensor which would be expensive to repair. I keep burning through my oil in less than 3k miles. Now I am using this high grade oil that costs me double the amount as normal. I drive 120 miles round trip 4 days a week for work. Oh and my head lamps short out like every 4 months (the right especially). Problem is, I can't afford a car payment at this time.....Ugh I need a new car
- We are trying to refinance our mortgage. When we bought our house we got a 5.99% interest (which was AWESOME at the time) and now we can go with an FHA for 4.23%! Problem is our house has to appraise at $245,000 to be eligible. When we bought our house at the end of 2007 it appraised at $258,000 and our area has seen a substantial reduction in home values. So now I am faced with the dilemma - do I pay the $400 to have the house reappraised and potentially start saving $350 a month or do I save my $400 and continue to pay over $2000 for mortgage until the house prices come back up (and the rates..). I am leaning towards spending the $400 and taking the chance. Best case - I make my money back in a month, worse case - I am put $400.
- Summer is almost over and I have not really enjoyed it at all...very sad
Another post will be coming Wed. Little K (no more Baby K) goes for her 18month check up that day...
2 comments:
Ooohhh that would be awesome if you could refi! Would they want anything other than the $400 up front? If not, when you refi, you get to skip that first payment (at least that's how ours worked...), so that could go towards a down payment for a car, and the extra $350/month can be for the car payment? I know that pretty much puts you back at square one witht he monthly finances, but at least you'd have a car that didn't need so much maintenance?
Good luck with all that!
Have fun on the getaway weekend!
Baby K is still a baby!!
When I was at WlGreens a few weeks ago, a "kid" (the young punk generation) parked in a Handicapped spot by the door. The gentleman running the register noticed, stepped out and asked him to put up his HC placard...when the kid said he didn't have one, in a very no nonsense tone, he told them to move...now. LOL! I thanked him! (MY ex-husband was handicapped, and it was so sad to see how many time he couldn't park in those spots when he needed them)...
YAY for NH! I drove up years ago, MT Washinton that is, but the train interested me...(Happy Birthday T!)
LOL on Mispronouncing stuff, it bugs me too...especially Aunt and Ant, one is a parents sister, one is an insect...
Good luck on the mortgage, I would also risk it and spend the 400, but hey...
Ok now that my comment is almost as long as your post, i'll shut up!
Post a Comment