August 22, 2010

The meaning of Love....

Kate posted a blog today about the meaning of love....

My reply to her blog - Love to me......Being trusted and trusting in my partner....being comfortable with silence between us....feeling "that" tug in my heart when I think about him/her....the emptiness I feel missing them....The way my heart melts when my baby girl runs to me to give me a kiss.....the way I carry their smell with me all day.....watching her as she sits in the tub, looking at the curves of her torso, knowing I MADE YOU!....the snuggles we share rocking at bed time...As you can see I am a mix of physical and emotional....(and I am a little drunk)

Please share your thoughts on what LOVE mean to you....

2 comments:

Kim said...

Love to me (since you worded it different then Kate)..

The swell you feel just looking at them. Feeling as if you would rather die then see them hurt. Being able to trust them 100% in everything. Their touch. I am also physical and mental, but I FEEL love different then I SHOW/NEED love.

kate said...

i posted on my blog about what love used to mean to me, so i'll post over here about what it means now. mostly, it means loyalty. real, true fidelity to the people who matter most to me. the joy i see in their smiles. the sense of possessing & being possessed by the small group i call family & friends. finding peace in each other's company.