.....to the 24 months clothes...
One of the most depressing things about being a parent is when your baby outgrows his/her clothes and you pack them away in a bin knowing that they will never again wear them.
Last night I spent a good 2 hours up in the attack going through some bins I had of hand me downs and consignment buys in size 24months and 2T. I took them all down and prepared them for wash. At the same time I went through Little K's drawers and closet and took most of her 18month items and bin'ed them up (I left a few things out since she doesn't have summer stuff in bigger sizes and they do all still fit her).
I am excited for cooler weather so she can start wearing her new wardrobe. I went shopping for a b-day gift for our friend's daughter's 1st bday party this Saturday and of course I had to buy for my girl too. Old Navy has the best stuff for kids I swear! I got the cutest onesie that is Skull and Cross Bones, a mini denim skirt, and polka dot tights! Too Frigin cute.
Speaking of shopping, when I was out I had gone into ToysRus to find a toy for the bday gift and I spent an hour and 15 mins in there (at least) and found absolutely nothing I was willing to spend my money on. The few things I liked and thought were good gifts were over $40! And the stuff that was affordable was cheap plastic crap that my kid will just eat the lead paint off of. I must say I was terribly disappointed with the selection of toys my child will have to choose from as she gets older....all a bunchOcrap.
2 comments:
It was always bittersweet for me too. Putting away the old clothes, but I did love putting her in new outfits :)
dude, seriously, the toys out there are awful...
which is why i love half price books :)
i have so many clothes packed it's a little ridiculous. & we have doubles of so much stuff.... sigh. i don't even like to think about it.
& toys... arg, toys. we usually garage sale toys, or spend the extra bucks on the nice stuff. luckily, cardboard boxes are usually free & that's always the best toy in the room for the dudes!
Post a Comment