(documenting for my records as well as for your entertainment....)
Comcast service is the WORSE service I have ever expierenced - EVER.
It all began in 7/13, I was looking to save a few dollars monthly and Comcast was now offering phone service in my area. The bundle pack was going to save me approx $40 a month so I decided to arrange a conversion from AT&T to comcast. I was advised that a 5 business day wait needed to take place in order for me to transfer my current phone number, fine, we scheduled a rep to come out on 7/27 (10 business days later) between 2 and 5pm.
On 7/27 at approx 11am I called Comcast to confirm my appt (since I hadn't received a call), "Yes Maam. You are all set, today between 2 and 5". At 5pm I called Comcast, no one had shown up. They "generously" offered me a $20 credit and told me the tech was running late and would call within 30 mins with an ETA......6:15pm and still no call or tech I called back. I sat on the phone while the service rep assured me that someone would be coming...8pm and still no show or call. I called Comcast, and they of course apologized for the inconvienance and scheduled someone for 7/28 between 8 and noon....
On 7/28 My husband had to stay home and await the glorious presence of Comcast since I had already blown a whole day of work the day before. At 10am (ish) he recieved a call that the tech was running behind and would be there closer to noon. At 12:05pm the tech shows up to fix our "snowy screen". My husband explains that this was to install the land line with our existing number. The tech does not have the right equipment and can not complete the job....sorry buddy you are SOL! That evening (5pm) on my drive home I called Comcas, after explaining the situation yet again I was assured that someone would be there by 8pm. I was provided the reps name, empl # and ticket #.....8:05pm I called Comcast…guess what? No one showed up or called! I was advised that earlier in the day when the tech came out and did not have the correct equipment he cancelled my order, so now I have to go through 3rd party verification again AND wait another 5 business days….but don't worry I still ahd the $20 credit! BS - 5 days away did not work for me so I scheduled for 8/10 between 8 and noon….
On 8/4 Comcast called in the middle of the day to advise my husband that they were running late (?) Running late? We had no appointment. My husband explained that we did not have an appt until 8/10 between 8 and noon. Again they are so sorry for the inconvienance…At 7pm that night my doorbell rings (as I am putting my infant daughter to bed!) and it is Comcast, I AGAIN explain the situation and ask him if he can set me up since he is there, Him: "Sorry Maam, but because it has been only 4 business days no I can not." Me: "Well thanks for stopping by then!"
Bring us to today….8/9/10. I called Comcast today to confirm (that they were going to screw me again) that we were scheduled for tomorrow morning….when I was advised that "A service technician wernt to your home on 8/4 and you cancelled your ticket, you will need to go through 3rd party verification again and wait another 5 business days." I asked to speak with a supervisor, waited 15 mins on hold, and was told they are all busy (well I can't figure out why with the shitty service!) and one would call me back right away….that was 2 hours ago.
Needless to say, I think that my statement that they are horrible is accurate. The issue is that if you live in rural areas like mine, you don’t have any other cable options other than dish and I am surrounded by woods and can't get a sattelite signal, hense my title "They have me by the B*lls!"
In the beginning I set out to save money, instead I have now lost 3 days of pay between my husband and I. That is approx $1000 in lost pay. It will now take 25 months for me to see that as a savings…..I am writing a letter to my States attorney general. He may not be able to do much but the more of us that complain and make this poor service known
1 comment:
we had a similar situation with them in 2007 when we lived in a small town outside the twin cities. They didn't show up the first time. The second time they didn't have the right equipment. bah. turds.
Post a Comment