...is completely exhausting! Those of you that do it, bless your heart! And to think some of you do this with 2 or 3...you are my heroes!
T went away to NH for a few days to help a friend put a metal roof on his cabin (can not wait to hear the stories!!), I took on the role of "single Mom extraordinaire!" in his absence. Seriously, I am going to give you an overview of what we have done so far and it is not much, but my goodness am I flippin fried by the time she goes to bed!
He left Tuesday afternoon. I finished up work and then Little K and I went out for dinner with his Mom and friend of hers, then off to the playground for a little after dinner exercise.
Wednesday I took a half day of work in the morning and took her for her 18 month check up (previous post) then logged back into work when we returned (and she napped - for 3.5 hours!!). Later that evening my sister came over to watch Little K so I could get to the gym. When I came back I did bath and bed, put in some laundry, took a shower then finally (at 9:15) ate a salad for dinner. Got lunches ready for today and hit the sack around 11.
Thursday I woke up at 9:20 and when I saw the time I raced to her bedroom to find her laying on her side in her crib, propped up on her elbow, reading a book! She saw me and jumped up with her na' night and said "Hi Dadda". Muther F*cker I AM MAMMA!!!!!! Luckily I did lunch stuff the night before, we took off to join a playgroup I was invited to. We had a nice time, Little K played really well with the other kids, we swam, we ate, we played, it was nice. She had kind of a rough nap. Towards the end of "nap time" I went up to her room to check in on her, I could hear her babbling up a storm, laughing, so I opened her door:
Me : Hi Baby! Did you have a nice Nap?
her: {silence} Jumps up to standing position and points to ground
Me : What do you need a book? {looking at the place she is pointing} What is that? Is that your diaper? Did you take that off?
{I approach her crib}
Me : WHAT DID YOU DO!!??!! DID YOU POOP IN YOUR CRIB!!??!! OH MY GOD IT'S IN YOUR HANDS, YOUR HAIR, YOUR SHEETS, OH MY GOD YOU ATE IT!!!!!
Her : {Smiling big - with poop in her teeth} Hi Dadda! I did it!
MOTHER F*CKER!!!!!!! I AM MAMMA!
Tomorrow, local lake playdate for the morning/midday, Saturday Beach with my Aunt....Saturday night Daddy is home and MAMMA is drinking!
5 comments:
~giggling~ Not funny, but it is...
It's fun being a parent isn't it? ;)
Everytime I have a rough day with kiddo, I think to myself the exact same thing : "how the f*#& do single parents do it?!" I can't even think about if DH ever got a job that required a lot of travelling. I love my kid, but SHIT.
I couldn't help but seriously laugh out loud at the poop/dadda stuff. It's not funny and I would have the same reactions, and I would NOT be pleased about cleaning up that much poop. Just picturing it all in my head is quite funny.
I really don't know how anyone single parents. Kids and their constant needs and antics are exhausting. Kudos to anyone who manages and does it well!
Oh my god. That's tough and slightly hilarious :) And messy.
Hope you get to drink lots of wine this weekend!!
OH. MY. GOD. I burst out laughing and then immediately read it to Daryl who said he just had THE BEST laugh in a long time. We are SO not laughing at your pain, cuz after I read this I said, "our turn will come!" LOL
Post a Comment