August 18, 2008

I don't want to own the budget anymore!

I get paid on the 15th and last day of the month, so I generally pay our bills within a couple days of pay day. I have a very well organized bill paying process, where I track all of the bills I pay, how much was paid and in some cases the outstanding balance. I have this same record for the past 3 years, so I can see trends. And generally speaking paying bills twice a month does not take me more than 15 minutes.

Yesterday was Bill paying day and it didn't go as smooth as normal. It took me around 3.5 hours! To begin with, there are always little one off bills, things that come once a year, like magazine renewals, veh registration renewals, etc that need to be fit into the budget where and when I can...but this month I got, what seemed like every one off possible, and all were due by 8/25!

I had to take $3000 out of my hard earned (very difficult to accrue) savings to cover everything!
Car Insurance $1800 (went up almost $300!)
Home insurance $800 (Went up $60)
Car Registration renewal $85
Truck Taxes $400 (actually went down compared to our old town)
(I still haven't received my car and trailer tax bill which will be around $250).

Then with the whole baby thing that is going on I am getting medical bills up the butt! I get like 3 a week from blood work labs, ultra sounds, Dr. visits. Most are around $15 (co-insurance) but I got one from the blood lab for almost $400!!! WTF? I have a $500 deductible that needs to be met, and as of June I had met my deductible so not exactly sure what that bill is all about! I guess I'll have to call someone...ugh I hate calling people.

So yeah - I quite being the budget owner of my household. Anyone else want to take it over for me?

1 comment:

Morgan Owens said...

Ugh..all I can say is I know how that goes!! BOOO to bills! :)