July 29, 2011

Friday Night Leftovers.....over and out

Sorry no badge this week!

  • I am so overwhelmed at work right now.  Every day I come in there are 3 new tasks assigned for me.  I am the owner of several new initiatives and processes.  I interviewed 3 people this week to fill the open role I have, 2 of the 3 are strong, however no one is really EXACTLY what I want. 
  • I have worked 14+ hours every day this week.  When I submitted my time today I had logged 68 hours....
  • Even though I worked all that time, I made it to the gym 3 times!  The blueberry pie and/or ice cream I ate every night was probably not a great idea.
  • I drive to and from work a new way because of some construction.  I drive passed Starbucks now.  This has been bad for my wallet.  I never stop on the way in, but every day I stop on the way home.  I love Starbucks.
  • With my new car I get XM radio free for 3 months.  Good thing it is free because I think it sucks.  I get poor satellite reception.  It cuts in and out.  The stations are mediocre.  Why would I spend $15-$19 a month when I can just plug my Ipod into the car?
  • Before I forget.....New Post here.  If you want access you will need to leave your email in comments or email me at kendallrand at com cast dot net.  If you "know" me in real life, chances are I may not grant you access.  Don't take it personal.
  • It is now 6pm and I am so ready for a cold beer.
Please swing over to see what Danifred has to offer this week~

7 comments:

Melis.sa said...

i love starbucks too, so thankful one isn't close because I know i would stop in!

I hope you find someone to hire at work, it sounds like you are insanely overloaded

is the post at your other blog? melryan09atyahoodotcom

JEN said...

That is too many hours to work lady! My husband worked 82 last week and it is going to kill me off....

Danifred said...

That's a whole lotta work Mama. I drive by not one, but at least 2 Starbucks on the way to work. You can see why I have a problem.

Kelly said...

That's A LOT of working!
I have the same problem in the dessert department.
I'd like to read your new blog.
kelleakoo@aol.com

Rebecca said...

No one is perfect b/c they're not you...sometimes that good. Go with your gut.

I have XM and love it.

I also have songs from 2 years ago on my iPod...that kind of sucks.

Mocha Coconut Frap...non fat (of course) is my weakness!!!

Anonymous said...

I miss Starbucks!! There was one close to my house in Meriden but now out here in the "country" LOL there is none closeby! And you need to take a BREAK girl...getting sick is your body's way of telling you that you are pushing it a tad too hard right now. :-/
P.S. I know that I know you in real life, but just in case I'm allowed to read your other blog: April1212r@aol.com

the cubicle's backporch said...

AH! You are definitely working too much. And I saw your next post about how you were sick this past weekend.

Yumm. Starbucks. I never really liked it until I had a white mocha while I was in Japan... then I started craving white mochas. I haven't had one since but it was fabulous!

What's your private blog about? Should I get access?