July 22, 2011

Friday Night Leftovers....I'm on time!




Ahh yes!  I managed to remeber two weeks in a row!!  Maybe last week doesn't count since I was a day late....Danifred host's us on a weekly basis and this week she announced some AWESOME news!!  Swing over to congratulate her and Bee! 

  • My new job is totally overwhelming.  I NEED to hire someone ASAP to fill the role I have open because that work alone consumes every moment I have during the day.
  • I have today off!  We are heading up to the Boston area (if T ever gets up!) to see a friend and her family.  I have not seen her in close to 15 years (maybe closer to 17) and have not seen her Mom or sister in close to 25 years.  They will be there for a family reunion along with her Hubby and their 18month old twins.
  • I did really well the last several weeks with not biting my nails, and then last night driving home I caught myself doing it.  Disgusting!   So I cut them all off and will start fresh again.
  • It has been close to a 100 degrees here for days with a couple more ahead.  Watching the news that is all they talk about.  While I enjoy the summer, the oppressive heat and humidity I could do without, however you will never get a complaint out of me because I would take this over 36 inches of snow and -10 degrees ANY DAY! 
  • Facebook status's about air conditioners are pissing me off this week....a) because our house is not air conditioned and b) because how many of us had A/C growing up?  I didn't and I survived. 
  • My MIL looked at a short sale condo here in my town this week.  It is in a golf community with an AWESOME pool.  Ooooh I hope she buys it!  3 miles from my house with a Pool!  WIN for me!
  • This is the first time in several years that I have more color on my body than T.  In passed years he was out chartering or fishing a lot and would be so dark (more red - he doesn't get the fact that sun screen needs to go on not stay in the bottle).  With all the sun I have had this year (and I were SPF45) I am looking pretty tan, not too dark, but not pale-see through-ghost white like usual.
  • I won tickets to see Lucinda Williams and Amos Lee on Facebook this week.  Kick Ass!  My dilema is that one of my sister's best friends is having a huge 40th birthday party the same night and I had RSVP'ed for it......I am NOT one to cancel or bag out on people, however I may need to this time.
  • I am still in love with my new car.  I really haven't minded the commute so much and did not have to fill my gas tank until Thursday, not bad!
  • I also am loving the Instagram app on my phone. 
  • What did we do before Youtube?  I use it for everything.  Can't figure out how to close those frigin beach tent things?  Check Youtube.  Need a laugh?  check Youtube.  Want to know how to French braid your 2 year olds hair?  Check Youtube!  I wanted to try a french on K's hair (and my own) so I watched a video and this is my result (see the below pic).  First try too, not bad if I say so myself!

12 comments:

Manda said...

All the news is talking about here is the AC to -- "get in the AC people, stay in the A/C." I got so annoyed I posted on their facebook page that not everyone HAS a/c. The top news story the next day was "how to beat the heat without A/C" ;)

Manda said...

Forgot to say I was dropping by from FNL!

Sisrea said...

Dude i am all about the youtube as well.. I LURVE it... If i am talking to somebody and they are trying about needing to get something done, i am frequently heard to "youtube it".. Best thing ever..... and good job on the braid! I have to say seeing that picture make me all kinds of excicted when the girls hair gets long enough to do ANYTHING with :P

Kristin said...

Here from FNL...great job french braiding your daughter's hair.

We use my MIL's neighborhood pool too. It ROCKS!

I learned to knit with the help of youTube.

kate said...

love the french braid! makes me excited for when em has enough hair to braid... altho i'm not sure i'll ever get her to hold still....

& i hope you get your (MIL's) pool!!

Megan said...

You are on the ball! the French braid is SUPER cute!

JEN said...

I love French braids! Well done!

Michelle said...

Cute French braids....I completely forgot about those...I need to try them on my K!

As for Youtube, I totally agree...I fixed K's dislocated elbow with Youtube last week (okay, so that may not be the most highly recommended use for it!) :)

Danifred said...

Thanks for the shout out Mama!
Bee uses youtube for EVERYTHING. I swear, every time the guy can't figure something out, he's watching it on youtube.

BTW- love, love the french braid. SO cute!

the cubicle's backporch said...

You don't have A/C?! Being over here in Japan (where A/C is used on limited basis and you walk everywhere) has made me really appreciate having it at home. I am constantly sweating here! In fact, everyone carries sweat rags around to wipe the sweat from the faces.

Awesome french braid! My mom used to always french braid our hair but I'm pretty hair illiterate! (And I can't spell that word, apparently b/c it doesn't look right!!)

Carrie27 said...

I did grow up for most of my life without a/c, but I won't now. I hate to sweat, sorry.

Awesome job on her hair! I have done this with both of the girls, but their hair tends to fall out, so now I do two french braids and it's even cuter.

Anonymous said...

Aren't new vehicles great? I've had mine for like 2 months now and I'm STILL in love!

I might have to get on youtube more. I never even think about checking it out half the time!

I'm one of those people who fb-statused about a/c. But I DID grow up with a/c. My mom has systemic lupus and was sick a lot throughout my childhood so for her comfort, we always had a/c running during the extreme heat and humidity. And I'm a miserable beastly bitch when I'm hot and sweaty. And my kids get WICKED heat rash. That is all.