Happy first day of Spring everyone! Wherever you are reading from, I hope your weather was enjoyable today. Here in the Northeast we have been SPOILED ROTTEN for about a week. After last weekends torrential down pours, hurricane force winds, and major power outages, we deserved some beautiful weather.
Every day since Monday has been in the 60's or 70's. I am pretty certain it reached into the low 80's today in parts of my state. I have managed to get home at a decent hour each night over the past week and taken baby K outside for some sort of an adventure before bed...park, play scape, backpacking, opening night dinner at Harry's Place. Anything I could squeeze in before bedtime. Her father and Granny also managed to get her out a couple times this week for walks in her new wagon and to play at the play scape.
Today we spent several hours out enjoying the great weather. We started our morning on the back deck in our PJ's playing on the swing while Mommy drank her coffee.

Then after the morning nap I took her backpacking to a local state park, where we sat at the base of the waterfall and had lunch.
Then we went to the play scape at our town's elementary school. It is the 4th or 5th time I've taken her there and each time she gets a bit more daring! She is a really good climber, and today decided to be brave enough to cross the bridge (you know the ones that dip down a bit, that as kids we would stand on one end while our friend jumped on the other?), until now I have had to carry her across. She LOVES the slides, but only when Mommy takes her down them.
When we returned home this afternoon she was beat so off to her crib she went (p.s she is still in there 3 hours later...) and off to the back yard I went. I cleaned up all the sticks, branches, and bark that were in the yard. I managed to get enough to make a huge pile in the fire pit. And so with the fire pit full I had my first fire of the season!!

2 comments:
Stupid question, how in the world can you keep hats on K? I put them on C he yanks them off as quick as they go on. *sigh* Babies in hats are so freaking cute!
Anyway, I also am loving the weather in Northern NV, not too hot not too cold, just right!
Keeping hats on her is hit or miss. However she has worn hats pretty regularly since she was born so she is just kind of used to it. We have a few hats that she just WILL NOT keep on her head, and others that I can put on and she'd sleep in them.
I put her baseball cap on again yesterday and she refused to wear it! Go figure!
Post a Comment