January 6, 2010

Week 1 - plan weight loss

..was a success!

Tonight was my second weigh in at weight watchers. And I forgot how many people make the new years resolution to lose weight.

Holy bologna I was standing in line for over an hour to get weighed in! Since joining last week on Wed I have gone to the gym 4 times. Each time increasing my time on the treadmill (starting at 25mins now up to 45mins) as well as increasing my speed to a jog (tonight was my 5th night and I managed to jog at 5.0 for 25 mins!). I also did weights and abs 2 nights.

I had one day were my point value for the day was *gulp* 49! I am allocated 21 for the day and 35 extra for the week....oops. T and I had a date night that night and went to a really good Italian restaurant here in town. Damn Italians and their fabulous red wine... Most other days I averaged around 26 points a day. So overall I did well.

At the end of the week I was over my allocated points by 4. I thought for sure I would lose weight because of my exercising, but I really thought it would be under a pound, like .8 or something. But when I weighed in I was quite surprised and feeling really good about myself! 2.2 lbs lost this week - YAY me! It excited me. I even decided to hit the gym tonight..at 9:00 pm. Finally home now and getting ready for bed. (did you see my ticker over there? ----->)

Nighty Night all~

7 comments:

Elana Kahn said...

Yay great job!!! I forgot to work out today. Whoopsie!

Sara said...

Congrats!! That is awesome! You are my inspiration. :)

iiri said...

YAY! that's great!

I'm back on the diet wagon myself, the holidays were not very kind, LOL!

Kate said...

way to go girl!!! :)

Carrie Ann said...

That's great!! I'm always trying to lose weight too - but *really* trying now. You're doing great on the treadmill! I can only do 4.0 for 30 minutes. Hope your holidays were good. I need to catch up - haven't blogged or read my blogs for 6 months!

Anonymous said...

That is AWESOME! Congrats on the weight loss this past week! You're inspiring me. :-)

Melis.sa said...

Awesome job!!

Just popping over to see how you're doing :)