Random updates to follow.....
First things first...are your toes cold? Cause you still have time to participate in the Winter version of Sock it To Me. You can find the badge that wil link you to Kymberli's blog to sign up over there ---------> right below my weight loss tracker...
Which brings me to the next subject. My weight loss. I have done good in going to the gym 3 days a week like I planned. It is hard to do though. I don't usually go until around 8:30 9:00 at night which means I don't get home till after 10pm, and I don't know about you all, but I get a surge of energy after I work out, so of course I can not come home and go right to sleep. This is causing me to stay up later yet I still have to be up for work early. Needless to say I have been lacking some sleep and have slept late a few times, getting to work a bit late. But I have lost 3 lbs. I know it's not a lot, but for 2 weeks time, I am good with that number. My overall goal is to average 1.5 per week. I know some weeks it'll be less, and others it'll be more.
I am facing an issue now though. I seemed to have pulled something in my right knee. On Wed night I went to the gym with my niece and half way through my run I noticed my knee was hurting, I ignored it and ran the full 45 mins. Afterwards I completed my stretches and headed home. My knee has hurt ever since. It is at the point that I am taking 4 Ibuprofen every 5 hours or so. Also I have not been back to the gym since! I need it to get better. I am not a huge fan of lifting weights, I like to run and do a little free weights. If I can't run (the pain is so bad it hurts to walk too - so that and the elliptical would be out) then how can I get cardio in? I think today I put in a video I have that is all exercises using the ball...
It is a 3 day weekend, so of course I am not feeling well. I have an earache (I suffer from chronic ear infections) and a soar throat. My glands feel pretty swollen. Baby K felt pretty warm to me last night and I had noticed she was coughing and sneezing a bit at dinner time. I took her temp before bed and for her first time ever she had a fever over 100. Poor thing, it was 100.3. She wasn't acting any different, so obviously she feels ok, but it makes me sad to think that she could have a soar throat or something and can't tell me. Today her temp is 99.6. (question for the Mommies- do you give your babies Tylenol for a temp in the 99's? Or just over 100?)
In other Baby K news her new thing is climbing. I guess I knew this day would come, and have dreaded it (almost as much as i dread her walking). She has decided that Laundry and Dishes will be her chores as she gets older.
She took a digger this week and spent a good portion of the week with a nice egg and cut on her forehead. It is just about healed now.
The cat has decided he wants her to go away now. He used to love her, want to be near her all the time, now when she comes into a room he bolts to a location she get to him. I don't understand why?
.JPG)
She is going to be a year old in 23 days...where did the year go? I want to do it all over again, but slower....
I was going to talk about our upcoming vacation, but now my post is too long, so I'll do it separately...
5 comments:
1. awesome job on the weight loss!!!
2. um, you could do punches while sitting on the ball, and uppercuts. if you do it fast enough you can get your heart rate up
3. i'm sorry that you and Baby K haven't been feeling well. :( I usually give my DD tylenol if she's hot and has a fever, even if it's a slight fever
4. my DD used to love the cats..now she's loves them to the point of smothering. One is small enough she can carry, and the other is so fat, she tries to ride him..
Good work on the weight loss!!
Cant believe how much she has grown and how fast time has gone!
Was wondering how you got that sock it to me badge, I have signed up, but think I am being special and cant work out how to get the badge!!
what about a bike? i have chronic knee issues (soccer)& can usually bike if i can't run. i think it depends on what you've done to your knee tho...
& i give tylenol for a fever in the 99's, especially if they seem miserable. it's not like they get it all the time, & it seems to help. hope you both are feeling better soon!
& val is climbing too... what is it about kids & laundry baskets? i have ours weighted down so he can't flip them over. (he too has a nice bruise on his forehead from a spill.) sigh... part of me loves seeing them discover all the new things they can do, & part of me wants to wrap them in bubble wrap & make them stay babies forever.
my boys love our kitties too... 1 of them loves the attention (even if its tail pulling & smackies), 1 tolerates them, & 1 will leave the room if a baby so much as looks at him. :)
& kira is about to be ONE? no way. seriously, i'm not sure i can believe it. one still counts as a baby, right? :) are you guys doing a first birthday party?
Melis.sa - One of the ball videos I have incorporates light free weights with the workout. It def gets the heart rate up. I just feel less motivated when I exercise at home. It's weird..
Nic - to get the badge go to Kymberli's blog (linked in my post or from clicking on my badge). On her blog there will be the code that you have to copy, then from your blogger dashboard go to Layout. Add a Gadget. Choose HTML/Java Script. Paste the code into the content box (no title is needed). Save and save. And you should now have the badge!
Kate- I injured my left knee 14 years ago playing tennis and ever since I have been unable to ride a bike. And now it is my right knee that hurts! All I really want is knee replacement surgery! My left knee is in constant pain, I've learned to live with it, but I won't be able to live with both knees hurting.
Woohoo for the weight loss! That's excellent, and I think you set a great and realiztic goal, so even better! You are doing better then me (we'll not talk about hat;) )
As far as tylenol, I don't give tylenol at all unless Liam is acting grumpier, and if it's under 100.1, I almost never give it...sometimes fever is good, and if it doesn't seem to be affecting him, then I just keep an eye on him. If he is acting like his temperature is bugging him, I give him some. I will, however, give him some tylenol before bed if he has a slight temp so he can sleep better. (and shots, I always give him some for shots!)
We have so many cats that Liam gets his pick, most of them hide, but he has also figured out that one of them comes when he cries...soo, we hear that a lot. LOL. Maybe she hurt the kitty on accident? Maybe Kitty doesn't feel well? Maybe kitty see's more harassment in the future so is trying to nip it now?
Post a Comment