January 21, 2010

Potty Training session #1

Well after my shitty ass day yesterday I woke up this morning and called into work (thanks for encouraging me City Girl) and went back to bed. The whole dam fam slept till almost 9am! (hear the angels singing). I have spent the day chillin, placing my pea pod order for delivery tomorrow, playing with Baby K.

T made a comment (several times) while I was pregnant that he'd "have this baby potty trained by 6 mos like they do in India" Well here we are under 3 weeks from her being 12 months old and he has yet to make an attempt.

Over the past few days I have been trying cloth diapering again, it is going much better than it did when she was an infant, but T is not into it (funny cause he was the one that got me to buy them all initially cause he wanted to do cloth) so the days she has been with him, she wears the disposables but with me and MIL she will wear the cloth.

Anyway back to my post...I was playing with her and saw she was beginning to get her "I'm gonna poop" face so I scooped her up and off to toilet we went. I sat her down on the big toilet (no training one yet) and turned on the water faucet and we talked for a minute when all of a sudden the look came back and out of her little hiney hole came a poop! Then she tinkled just a little and was all done!

So in my opinion....potty training has begun and session #1 was a complete success!!

4 comments:

Carrie Ann said...

Wow, that's impressive! Go, Baby K! I've heard that girls are easier to potty train than boys. Ricky wasn't potty trained til he was 3. I had to start/stop a few times.

That would be great - think of all the money you'll save on diapers!!

Melis.sa said...

That's fantastic!!!

E will be 3 in April and she's been in potty training mode for a few weeks.

iiri said...

Yay for first on the potty poop!

Kate said...

way to go baby k! that is SO impressive! :)