January 27, 2010

Seriously? This is BS~

I am on week 4 of my weight loss, get fit, feel healthy journey of 2010. And I am down a whopping 3.2lbs! 3.2lbs!!! WTF?

  • I have been using all my allotted daily points
  • I have been using all my weekly points
  • I have been earning an average of 6 activity points 3-4 days a week
  • I have been using most of my activity points
  • I have been eating "filling" foods
  • I have been working out 3-4 days a week for at least an hour, but most days an hour and a half

...for 3.2lbs! BULLSHIT. Body after baby sucks ass. Metabolism after baby sucks ass.

Alright alright, so down 3.2 is still good. It is better than up 3.2. But really my goal by Baby K's 1st birthday was 10 lbs. I am disappointed that I won't be making that goal now....won't even be close

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

water. Have you been drinking all of your water? Also salty foods. Watch them. And the other healthy life stuff: fruits and veggies, lean protein, healthy oil, stuff like that. When I hit a plateau, these are the things I check. Also, there are 2 different plans. They suggest trying the other plan for a week and it can take you over the plateau.
Good luck!

Kate said...

well crud! i have no suggestions for you, just wanted to sympathize & wish you luck!!!

iiri said...

See that's why I never went for the points system, but the counting calories. It just seemed to work better for me. I lost so much weight the first 2 months it was like whoa!

I did plateau.

But...after a little time, i continued down...I just stuck with it. It's so hard to NOT see a change, but stick with it, and it will come.

Carrie Ann said...

I did weight watchers when I was getting ready for my wedding and it didn't work for me. I was starving all the time - and like you, did all the activity points, watched my food, etc.

I think it works for some people and not others. But you're right, the metabolism slows down too much. The only way I've ever been able to lose weight is to work out every day and eat only 2,000 calories a day and/or stop eating bread/carbos.

Hang in there!! I've only lost 2 pounds in 7 months :(

Michelle said...

I know when my mom did WW, she didn't eat her exercise points that she earned...otherwise she wouldn't lose weight. Seems TOTALLY unfair to exercise and earn the points, but not get to eat them. But, if she ate them, she didn't lose. If she stayed away from them, she lost.

As for the weight loss though...you are just about on track for what's healthy. I know that's not what you want...but you're pretty close to 1 pound a week...which is the amount that is ideal for keeping it off! So, keep it up girl...you are off to a great start..even if it doesn't feel that great!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jen's Farmily said...

I know how frustrating that is!!

But RoseHawk is right. Sodium will really get you if you're not careful. And I know there are some women at my WW meeting to can't use all their weekly allowance points or else they don't lose weight.

Stay strong- you'll push through it!!

Anonymous said...

I am going to suggest same as Michelle...don't eat your exericse points. When I've done WW in the past, I could NEVER eat my points or else i wouldn't lose. :-(