Baby K has a special blanket, we call it her Na'Night. She cuddles it when she is getting sleepy, rocking to sleep, and sleeping.
I received 2 sage, chenille, Kyle & Deena blankets as shower gifts. This just so happens to be the blanket she chose to latch onto to. Bonus for us since we had 2!
Now that she is just about a year old, I thought about looking for another one of the same blankets so I could have another one in the rotation (I always have one clean and folded in the closet and I rotate between the two) in the event one gets lost, soiled beyond saving, or just plain old and grubby.
Well I looked at Babies-R-Us since that is where I was registered and they said they didn't carry that brand, hmmm. So I googled it (yup I googled) and found a few boutique type stores that sold them, but not the same one we have, and not chenille. I finally found one on ebay and it is listed for $49.99! Seriously, it would figure that baby K chose the expensive blanket to suck on at night!
So now I am faced with the decision...do I buy it? Do we really need a 3rd? $50 (plus shipping) is a lot for a baby blanket don't you think? I also found some on ebay that are different colors (light pink or dark pink) for half the price. I am considering buying one of those instead, but what if she won't take it because the color is different?
What are your thoughts?
5 comments:
Hmm, When Kae was a baby she had a bear, she HAD to have it, we had three different ones, but they were only about 10 each...
Honestly, if she had clung to something more expensive then 20, she would have had only one (at the most two!)...
But then again, since I wasn't in that situation, and am not now (Liam refuses to cling to anything but me, LOL!) I am not sure...
Maybe try the half price pink one? see if she takes to it? If she doesn't then re-think it?
I know that I didn't give you much of an answer, sorry...
Well.. With R we found the cutest (cheap) blanket. We only bought one not thinking she would become attached. I was so very wrong!
We have hunted high and low for a second "stinky" and have not been able to find one. We have tried other colors (it is a basic throw blanket) no go.
I would try the pink ones see if she is okay with it. She is young enough it is possible she will not notice.
Connor has a huge attachment to a yellow Ty elephant, we had 3 one for his crib, one at his grandparents and one extra, for what if. Well our dog ate one, so now we don't have an extra and it worries me! So in my opinion having a extra is important! Unfortunately for me I have to try to find this elephant on ebay, so I think if baby K loves it you can never have too many!
Noah has "crusty"...a blue stuffed elephant. We bought a second off ebay since Crusty gets well...crusty, and we needed a backup when one was in the wash. We bought a used one for $20, but the new ones were selling for 40-50 bucks! It was only $15 new, but I guess it was a collectors item. I think I would have bought one for that much though...He will not sleep without it, and while I am sure after a few rough nights he would be fine on his own, I would rather him just have a backup! I think if you have 2 in good condition than you may not need a 3rd.
i think i'd roll with just 2. my dudes don't really have a special anything tho, so maybe it depends on how desperately attached she is to her blankie.... good luck!
($50 for a blankie! holy crap!!!!)
Post a Comment