October 23, 2009

Update on the sunken battleship...

I called my Doctor this afternoon. She was already gone for the day, but the nurse could tell I was upset and did not want to talk to her or another doctor. My doctor called me back and asked me to come in right away.

Mind you, she was already home and came back into the office to see me (I Love Her).

Anyway, we talked for a good hour and she is pretty adamant about me going on an anti-depressant for a short term period. While I am still not in love with this idea, I very much trust her judgement of me and my mental health so I will comply and give it a try. I will also reach out to the therapist that T and I have used over the years and see if I can get in to start seeing him again.

I just hate this "not in control" feeling. Thanks for listening...and I am sorry if I have not been very attentive to all of your posts. I am reading regularly, but just don't feel like I have much advice to give right now~

9 comments:

mandy_moo said...

(((HUGS))) that's a nice doctor. Glad you've got a solid POA. Good luck.

Caz said...

YAY.
I am so glad that your doctor would see you.
Finding an amazing attentive doctor is hard.
You lucked out.

Unless she gave you some crack pill.
You will start to feel better in a few weeks.

and she is right.
SHORT TERM is defiantly best to help you day too day.

Melis.sa said...

((HUGS))

reading, listening, hoping you find a new & better job...

Kate said...

don't apologize-- you need to focus on yourself right now. your doc sounds amazing, i'm so glad you got in to see her so quickly. i dont like the idea of anti-depressants either, but i was on them short term for a while in college, & i have to say they made the difference. i was able not only to function, but to focus & move forward. they were exactly what i needed to get through the worst of it & make me feel like it was MY life again. i hope they help you in the same way. ((hugs))

Jen's Farmily said...

I'm so glad you have a great doctor. I hope the anti-depressants help. Keep us updated!

nancy said...

I can't believe how similar our experiences are, except that I already did lose my job. Everything you are stressed about (bring breadwinner, having been worked to death, no jobs out there, etc) were all on my list. Add to that being a mom to a baby under 1.

I had never ever been on a medication for depression but I didn't have any reason to be on one until now, I never needed it. And I don't think there is anything wrong with it, so I don't really understand your adversion to it, but all i know is it has helped me tremendously. I still have all the problems, but I can deal with things and I'm happy on a day by day basis. I'm still terrified about our future, but I'm no longer dreaming of death (not suicidal, just thought how much better it would be).

I hope something works for you and if you do start a medication, you can get over the stigma that comes with it.

Michelle said...

Such a wonderful doctor! Thank goodness for that! I'm thinking about you!

ME said...

I'm so sorry you're going through this right now, but know that you're not alone. We've been through all of this 3 years ago - my husband was the one who had to finally be on meds to correct the chem imbalance. It was short-livd as the meds had too many side effects for him and we both ended up in therapy, all for the better. Things will improve.

Anonymous said...

I read this days ago and got sidetracked and didn't comment but I wanted you to know I'm thinking about you! Big *HUGS* from me and Hunter!