Our Dr.'s office is not offering the H1N1 vaccination to all patients at this time. Presently they are vaccinating only pregnant women, health care providers, caregivers/parents of infants under 6 months, infants under 6 months and children 2-18.
Seeing as though none of us fall into any of those categories we are not eligible. I must say I am a bit glad we are not eligible. I am very torn about whether or not I wanted it for myself or baby K. I've read a lot about it, the good, the bad and the ugly. I do believe that there is risk, but I do believe there is a risk with every vaccination I get or give to my baby...in general the risk heavily out weighs the consequences.
We go back to see the doctor on 11/10 for baby K's 9 month checkup, she said that at that time she will re-evaluate depending on the remaining supply. So I have more time to stew....in the end if she recommends we get it, we will. I trust my doctor to make a safe decision for us.
Anywho....I completed one week on the meds and so far so good. I've had some pretty regular headaches a little nausea, which I am attributing to the meds, but I am hoping that as my body gets used to them the side effects will level off.
Baby K has has bronchitis. She was coughing for a couple of weeks and we finally took her in this past Monday. The doctor did not give her meds, just prescribed plenty of fluids, warm mist humidifier and cuddles...We follow directions to a T (prolly over dosing on the cuddles) and she had gotten worse. She coughs like a grown man that has smoked for 40 years. It breaks my heart to hear it. She doesn't seem to be bothered by it in the least, but me, it kills me when she coughs. So I took her back today when I went in. The Dr. watched her belly as she breathed, looked in her ears, her nose, her throat, listened to her chest and her back, and the prognoses was....Her lungs sound perfect and she is a complete picture of health. What the Fuck? She keeps me up at night with her hacking...she turns blue from coughing so hard and so long that she doesn't breathe...how the fuck are her lungs clear? So my new prescription is...continue with the humidifier, vapo rub and fluids...and don't bring her back unless she gets a fever over 101.
I am glad she is ok, but seriously, we are not making this crap up.
Whatever....
2 comments:
when my little one was around 7 or 8 months she had this wheezing type thing that apparently i could only hear. it sounded like the beginning of a cold. after 2 days i finally took her in. yeah, they said it was nothing.
I hope the nausea subsides and that baby K gets better soon.
The flu shot in general has me skeptical. My boss used to get it every year... and get sick shortly after. I don't usually get the flu, so I just take my chances. (Fingers crossed!!)
Post a Comment