Yup, that's right. Me got a good buzz going on.....
Went out after work with my 1st boss at the present company i work for. he is my mentor. i have some serious shit taking place at work. shit i want to talk about...there are some of you that i work with, that i need to ask you to respect my privacy on this one. i need to say it, write it, get it out. but not to the public...not yet....
my position has been eliminated. yes that is right...let go, laid off, no longer needed.....at least not in the role i am in presently. i have been offered another role, equivalent to what i am doing now, different area, different people, different applications. i am grateful to have a job, but so saddened at the same time. i think a HUGE part of me had hoped for severance. hoped for the excuse, the reason, the force to go out and do something new. i have become so comfortable in my role (although utterly miserable lately) that it is too easy to get the guts to move on.
maybe this is my opportunity to step outside of my comfort zone. do something a little new.
i will enter this job with a positive attitude. i will do my best. i will show them that i am worthy. i will also keep looking outside the company and pursuing further education......
i do not know my start date yet. i can not tell my co-managers yet. i can not tell my team yet.
this makes my work day very difficult as i try to encourage my team to remain positive as they prepare to also lose their jobs.
such an awful place to be in life......so glad to come home to the two loves of my life each day.......
4 comments:
I hope the new position creates some unexpected opportunities for you. I can't imagine how difficult it is at work day to day right now. ((HUGS))
lets all go out and get drunk sounds fun to me.... Sorry about the stress your dealin with
Oh crap! I'm so sorry! :-( And to know other people in your department are getting laid off as well must be so hard. But like you said, view this as an opportunity. Don't give up!
Ugh. I'm sorry. It still sucks for me to have to say I know how you feel. Except I didn't get another job offer and I'm absolutely drowning.
Good luck in your new job.
Post a Comment