...smells so good.
Yeah I am so completely kidding. It is probably one of the most vile smells I deal with. Tonight was the 3rd night in a row that baby K woke up, an hour after going to bed, crying and covered in baby puke. Her bedding-covered, her pj's-covered, her face-covered. My poor baby.
She seems to feel fine (you know cause she can tell me that!) No fever, and is not fussy. She just wakes up-pukes-rolls over-continues puking-cries-and falls back to sleep when I pick her up.
Do you think that the cereal and vegetables we have been giving her in the evening could be the cause? Maybe she is getting too full?
Mommies...I need your input....here is her eating/sleeping schedule....should I make changes to try to prevent the sleepy pukes?
7:30am wake up
8am 6oz bottle
10am 30-45 minute nap
11:30 (ish) cereal and fruit
12:15-12:30 6oz bottle
12:30 2-3 hour nap
approx 3-4 hours after last bottle cereal and veg and 3-4oz bottle
6:00-6:15 bath time
6:30 80z bottle
bedtime
7 comments:
Did you start her on a new food around the time this puking started?
With my oldest everytime she had a reaction to a food she would puke everything up until her stomach was empty. She would feel fine after that. As soon as I stopped giving her the particular food (for her it was oatmeal cereal)that caused it, the puking would stop. So, maybe try elimating the veggie and see if that helps. It could just be disagreeing with her or an allergic reaction.
Kerry-she has been having evening cereal and veg for approx 2 weeks now. And the past 3 nights I gave her veggies that she has had in the past (carrots 2 nights..and I don't remeber the other night..). I am still doing rice cereal (have been for about a month now)...
If she was fine for over a week with the food, I would think it was something else. But you could try giving her less. Noah tends to puke a lot if I lay him down right after a bottle. Maybe you could give her the bottle, then sit up and read with her for 15 minutes or so before laying her down??? Noah has reflux though, so I don't know if that will help with your situation or not.
It could also just be a little stomach bug. Whatever it is, I hope it calms down for you both!
i was going to suggest amanda's tip-- hjold her up for a while after she finshes her bottle. or you could try tilting the head of her crib (just a little). helps a bunch with my boys' pukiness. good luck!!
you give 8-9 oz with only a bath in between? That seems like a lot and could be culprit. After her cereal, give bath, then 8oz bottle to see if that helps.
Oh poor baby, I hope she feels better soon!
Post a Comment