July 7, 2008

Ugh.....

Back to work.....I spent my two weeks of vacation pretty much sleeping....

I know sounds so fun doesn't it? But it really really was. Here is how most of my days progressed.....

I woke up around 8:30, went down and made a cup of tea. Lounged around watching morning talk shows until around 11. Ate some breakfast. T would come home from work around 12:30-1:00, we would have lunch together and then go up for our afternoon nap time until around 5pm (I usually got up around 4:30 and made him coffee before he got up). Once we were bright eyed again, it was time to discuss dinner. (we ate out a lot) Dinner took place around 7:30-8 nightly followed by the occasional stop at the ice cream shop or home for strawberry shortcake. I hit the sack pretty much daily by 9:30....to repeat again the next day!

I wish I could have an afternoon nap daily. We have a sick room here at work....think if I locked myself in there for a couple of hours an afternoon anyone would notice?

____________________________________

I knew I had to prepare for my return to work (the depression sunk in on Thursday), so on Saturday while T was at work I logged into work and began sifting through my 1800 emails...yes that's right 1800! And to top it off I had filters/rules set up so that lots would get deleted....well I had an additional 698 in the delete box.

This is what happens when:

A) You work in IT
B) You are a manger
C) You have 10 employees and 13 contractors in India
D) People don't read your Out of Office notification!!
E) People insist on sending useless emails

I wound up deleting 90% of them! Such a waste of time. I spent nearly 6 hours on my Saturday going through these....of course when i was done, I really needed a nap!!

3 comments:

Morgan Owens said...

Wouldn't it be just so nice to have a recliner as your desk chair and anytime you feel the need to rest you could just kick back, prop your feet up, and nobody look at you like you're crazy? Yeah, that would be nice lol!

Anonymous said...

That sounds like THE BEST vacation ever...so relaxing! I would love to have an afternoon nap every day...or even some "down time" to just veg, if I didn't need a nap, every day. Aaahhhh...we can only dream, right?

Chele76 said...

I won't tell if you're hiding in the sick room ;)