January 20, 2008

The Horizon.

There are a few things on the horizon that I am eager to share with you. Hopefully it will not be too much longer before I will be able to "publish" all the posts I have been writing but can not release just yet.....

In the meantime, the new year has been progressing nicely. I have yet to work 5 days in a week! Yeah for me! Although I think this coming week will be a week that I do in fact work 5 full days, boo hoo.

We are beginning to paint again. The first room will be T's man cave or music room in the basement. It is currently this horrible mint green color that is NOT masculine at all!

Next up will be the office, not sure which color though, I have very dark cherry wood office furniture, what do you suggest for paint colors?

Then will be the sun room and living room.

I am hopeful to have this all completed by April/May when fishing pics up again, because I am sure it will be very difficult to keep T in the house painting when the Bass are calling his name! That and because there are lots of outdoors projects that need to begin in the spring, like power washing the house, fixing the gutters, tearing down the wood shed....oh the list goes on!

We are looking into replacing the furnace this week, and it just so happens to be the coldest week of the winter. Not sure how well this will turn out, all I know is that I am glad I can go into work where it'll be warm! Our furnace is almost 30 years old. It is literally a big box made of rust. Ready to crumble apart at any given moment. It is not efficient at all, we have been going through approx $1000 worth of oil in a months time! We will be replacing it with an Energy Star model to a) provide us with some efficiency b) savings c) better environment. Can't wait to see the price tag on this job! OUCH!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Still no new updates? :(
Hope to see something soon :)

See ya,

~Angela~

Cheysu said...

Hey you! I'm waiting for some updates, too. I hope things are going better for you and your family. Our thoughts have been with you.