May 25, 2012

Friday Night Leftovers....recovery edition

I am glad Danifred has decided to keep FNLO going, and since I am posting from my IPAD I am bagging on the picture too! -I am now 6 days post partum. My recovery this time is rather rough. The cramping, the back aches, the dizziness....way worse than before. -When I was discharged my OB told me no driving or major outings for 2 weeks. It made no sense to me. It does now. -I had grandiose plans for my maternity leave. Most included me hanging out at the beach or at my MIL's pool....I neglected to think about the fact that my cervix would still be open. That means no swimming....for six whole weeks. FML -I have a baby sleeping on my chest...so lovely -Silas has a pretty tough time nightly from 9-12. It makes it hard for me to leave T and head up to bed. Our "plan" was (just like when K was a baby) for me to head to bed nightly around 9ish, which would allow me several hours of straight sleep. T handles 9pm - 2am(ish) shift, I handle the 5am and on shift. But I have not been getting to bed till close to midnight because I feel bad that the only time he cries is when I am "off duty". -Second babies sure do get the shaft. We had only our Mom's, my sister, and 2 other guests in the hospital. And since being home we've had only 1 visitor outside those same family members. -At this time one week ago I was having contractions 7 minutes apart and trying to not get my hopes up...little did I know my baby would be here 22 hrs later. -My last baby will be one week old in 22 hrs. -K has been a bit more difficult than normal the week. I have to associate it to the attention S is getting from us. But we have really tried to continue with her getting equal attention and even some special activities. -I have received 2 edible arrangements this week! I love those GD things! -Today was the first day I didn't look pregnant. Now I just look fat :( -I've done a great job keeping my swelling (ankles/legs) to a minimum. When I had K I wasn't even able to wear flip flops for a good two weeks post partum. -One thing I am proud of....I have managed a shower (sometimes 2!) everyday! Those of you that have ever had a new born, never mind a new born with a toddler, know how AWESOME that accomplishment is!

4 comments:

Rebecca said...

A shower is paramount. I never knew how important it is.

Give K some time. She'll get used to it.

I kind of love that you haven't had a ton of traffic. I love the time that you can just enjoy being a family.

He's gorgeous, BTW.

Carrie27 said...

I have never had the opportunity to have many visitors due to living far from family. Friends came over, but each gave us some time to adjust and I appreciated it.

Showers can definitely help make a day so much better.

Beth Kyle said...

Congrats on baby Silas!

Danifred said...

Sorry I'm so far behind. Insanity over here.
I had CRAZY cramping the second time around. I remember asking my dr. if it was normal. He said it was always worse the second time. Oddly, the third time? Not so bad.