March 24, 2012

Sick....

That's about it. SICK. I either battled a case of food poisoning or stomach flu this week. Which one I will never know, but damn it was NOT fun. Especially being in the middle of my 8th month of pregnancy and spending a full 12 hours vomiting. My face looks like I was in a fight. All the blood vessels are broken and all you can see are little bloody dots. Attractive!

Fortunately my MIL had K when it hit me, and kept her for the duration of my illness. When she did come come she returned with pink eye! Awesome! Although it doesn't bother her nearly as much as the pukes would have...so we'll take pink eye thanks.

We were supposed to head to RI to go meet our newest cousin today, but seeing as though I am still a bit nauseas and K's eye is all gooopy, I canceled. It wasn't a smart idea to bring our germs around a 3 month old. Makes me sad though, I want to see him before he is 6 mos!

I did manage to get out of the house today though. We took a ride to Khols (for the life of me I can not find shoes to save my life), and then over to home depot to look at area rugs for our room and the boy's room. By then K was ready to melt down (have I mentioned she has completely given up her naps? FML)so we didn't buy any, just noted down a few choices.

Tomorrow I am hoping to be a bit more human/normal....fingers crossed

4 comments:

Manda said...

oh i hope you're feeling better...that is not a good combination. my husband got a stomach bug towards the end of my pregnancy and i prayed (i don't do that often) that i wouldn't get it. i didn't but that was a close one. hope the germies stay away from you for the duration of the pregnancy!

Carrie27 said...

What does she do if you put her in her room for quiet time vs a nap?

I can't imagine throwing up that long when pregnant. I hope you are feeling 100% tomorrow.

To A T said...

I had the stomach flu twice when I was preggo with B (on top of m/s) and it was pretty much the worst thing EVER! HOpe you are back to normal! And hope the pink eye doesn't stick around too long either!

Danifred said...

Pregnancy and sick is just cruel. Hope you're on the mend!!!