November 23, 2011

Klutz central

The whole pregnancy klutziness is taking on a life of it's own this time around.  In the past 4 days I have:

  • Dropped a tall, thick, heavy drinking glass on the counter which then bounced (bet you didn't know glass could bounce) off and fell another 3 feet to the floor smashing into tiny pieces and spreading across our kitchen tile.
  • Dropped a plate full of Indian food all over a conference room floor during a work function. (I am sure the people that have meetings in there in the coming weeks will be thanking me...)
  • Lost my footing and fell to my ass, and then proceeded to slide down half a dozen stairs before T managed to jump in front of me to stop me from going any further.

This doesn't even take into account all the little things like dropping a pile of napkins, my work portfolio, my keys in numerous puddles.  I think I am going to ask for a bubble from Santa.

Today I feel like I was hit by a bus.  The fall down the stairs was a doozy.  I am bruised from the left shoulder all the way down to my left thigh.  I can barely lift my left arm without pain.  And of course Tylenol does not touch it at all.  I guess I should call the OB and request something stronger, but I am certain I will then have to drive 35 mins into their office to be "checked".  I suppose if they are going to do an U/S it wouldn't be bad, but I have a doppler here and was able to find the HB after the fall so a drive out there for a HB check would be silly, IMO.

Ugh, such a klutz.

4 comments:

Carrie27 said...

I say go in. I always side with overly cautious.

I hope you are able to find your footing and hands soon.

mandy_moo said...

I hope you feel better and the clumsiness fades soon!! A few weeks ago I knocked a pyrex dog dish on the ground and though the ground was carpet, I think it hit the wall on the way and shattered everywhere. the day of my big u/s, I was making juice from concentrate and dropped the pitcher full of concentrate all over the kitchen floor. I hate pregnancy clumsiness!

Danifred said...

I hope you are feeling better. This whole balance thing is terrible.
I fell in the closet the other day trying to get my socks off :)

Anonymous said...

Oooohhhh...preggo-klutziness! Ugh! I don't miss it! LOL Hope you are feeling better!