Can't believe it can you? Two weeks in a row I am on time with FNLO's!! Thanks to Danifred for hosting, the clean up from this left over is much easier than the one I cleaned up yesterday!
- Ahh yes, Thanksgiving is done. All that prep work, baking, mashing, mixing, and carving....over in a matter of minutes!
- I prefer to sit at the kids table. It is in the kitchen, where the food is, so there are no lines to contend with when we want more.
- Our Turkey day was fairly uneventful. T's family gets along pretty well and K is the star of the show, so everyone is pretty glad to spend the day with her and be entertained.
- After most everyone had left we were sitting around talking when I suddenly became super wheezy and my throat and neck got covered in hives and were itchy. I was having an allergic reaction to something, but what I still have no idea. I hadn't eaten in a good 2-3 hours so I really don't think it was related to food. I took a benadryl right away and headed home. At home I took 2 more benadryl and was passed out cold by 8pm! I woke up around 2am and was still wheezy so 1 more beny and I woke up this morning feeling much better.
- I'll have to go back to my MIL's today to pack up some leftovers for myself, cause let's face it, left over Thanksgiving is WAY better than the first time.
- Black Friday? I don't get it. The only reason I am going to take away from my opportunities to sleep is to get to an airport to fly away on an exotic vacation, otherwise screw that. My laptop is an excellent Black Friday resource! Honestly, it is so worth it to me to pay the extra few bucks to shop from my bathrobe than stand in lines in the freezing for hours.
- K is on a naked streak lately. The child cannot keep pants on at home. She is running around bare assed right now. Meanwhile I am wrapped up in fleece pants, thermal shirt and bathrobe. She is cold to touch but insists she is not cold.
- I got quite the bursts of energy this week. On Sunday K and I went to see Santa, then our first visit to
GermyChuck-e-cheese, then to visit a farm and feed goats, final stop at panera for a late lunch. When we got home she was crashed so I brought her into bed and instead of laying down to nap myself I scrubbed the Kitchen, dining room and tv room s.p.o.t.l.e.s.s. - Yesterday (Gobble Gobble) morning I knew that T's cousin and Uncle were stopping here to pick up a cabinet to take over to T's Mom's so I spent the whole morning cleaning our stairs, K's bedroom and my bedroom. Now all I have left is the playroom!
- Christmas tree is going up today! Woot Hoot!
- I was listening to the oldies station the other day and realized that all the music they were playing was from the 70's and 80's. When did that happen? When did the music I grew up loving become the Oldies?
- I may have figured out the mystery to my posts not showing up for a while. When I immediately post them they seem to appear within minutes, but when I schedule them they don't appear for a good 8-10 hours after my scheduled time. Annoying.
- 30 more days till Xmas!!!!!!!!

4 comments:
I admit, I'm one of those crazy people that gets up wicked early to shop Black Friday...except I didn't do it this year. And I did miss it! So I made sure to do a tiny bit of online shopping instead. LOL
I love an uneventful holiday. I can attribute mine to the fact that I was with Bee's family.
Both my girls went through naked streaks too. It cracks me up.
Here from FNL...
Sweetie, if you had an allergic reaction like that, you need to get tested. That kind of reaction (one that affects your airway) is nothing to take lightly. Reactions can get progressively worse with each exposure. Hope I'm not being obnoxious but I use to be a paramedic and these things concern me.
My kids all went through a naked phase. It was really kind of cute.
I can't believe you didn't take your butt in with the allergic reaction. I would have been freaking out.
I sat at the kids table this year, too, simply so I could watch my three.
Post a Comment