November 18, 2011

Friday Night Leftovers - Holy Crap I'm on time edition!

  • It is cold here.  I hate the cold.  I love my heated seats in my new car though! 
  • K got a new bedroom set a little over a week ago.  It is a loft/bunk bed set with a built in desk, book shelves and dresser.  I love it!  But the kid has slept like shit since we got it.  I switched the mattress for her a few nights ago and it seems to have helped.  I also had T lower the mattress so she is closer to the ground.  We had 2 fall outs, 2 nights in a row.  Since lowering it, all has been a bit smoother.
  • We moved the crib, changing table and glider into a spare room.  Reality is sinking in.  We are having another baby.
  • I am almost on board with not finding out gender, but not quite 100%. 
  • I started my baby name list though.  I really like old names. 
  • Several of my peers and staff lost their jobs over the summer, they are all either gone from the company now or are leaving over the next 6 weeks.  I had 3 Employees that were not retained and am so happy that as of today all 3 have found new jobs!  1 stayed internal to the company while the other 2 found external roles that wound up being better in every way (more pay, shorter commute, more PTO!).  I am so happy for them.  It is such a tough economy but their persistence really paid off.
  • My belly seriously popped out this week.  The pic I posted yesterday was really dark so I am included a new one today.  Taken at 15W2D.  This is what I looked like at 19W with K.  Oh shit.
  • When T's brother passed away a couple months ago T found out he was the sole beneficiary on his 401K.  We looked at the amount, which while wasn't substantial, was a lot more than we presently had, and decided to pay off 2 of our debts.  As of 11/23 both our Boat and Truck will be totally paid off.  This will add $610 back into our monthly budget to go towards another debt.  I am greatful to my late BIL for this gift.
  • Thanksgiving is next week!  I love that day.  Yummy food....What is your "specialty" on Turkey day?   We go to my MIL's house and I always bring the Sweet Potato Souflee (my Grandma's receipe) and the traditional Green Bean Casserole.  Two of my favorites!  Although my #1 favorite is the homemade cranberry sauce that my MIL makes just for me.  Oh YUM!
  • I think I have K's xmas list pretty much done.  Not going too crazy on her.  T has mentioned a few big ticket items in recent weeks that I have made note of.  My MIL just bought a new house and is looking to have custom window covering completed, so I think a gift cert to that company will be her one and only gift (maybe something made by K too). 
  • I have been thinking about me....not sure what I want for xmas. 
  • K pushes my buttons big time lately.  She gets on my last nerve daily.  I think our biggest issue is that she is JUST LIKE me.  Not good at all.
  • I am going to the casino tomorrow!  Can't wait.  My girlfriend got an inventational BINGO invite (yes BINGO) and she is allowed to bring a guest (ME!).  We get to play for 2 hours and there is a chance to win up to 50K.  Then we'll do a late lunch/early dinner and play a little longer before calling it a day.  Think I'll get any weird looks being prgnant in the Casino?
  • T made dinner one night this week.  Oh how I wish I could get him to do it more.   That same day I noticed he cleaned toilets too.  Hmmm wonder what he did that I don't know about yet??
Ok well that was enough of my rambling.  One thing I want to ask you gals, I noticed that when I do post lately it takes almost 2 days to get comments.  I am wondering if my posts don't appear in your readers right away?  Are my posts delayed?  I know another blogger that this happens to all the time.  So for the record, I am hitting Publish post at 3:20pm (est) Friday 11/18.

Swing over to Danifred to see what everyone else is bitching writing about today!
     

7 comments:

Mrs. Z said...

Stopping by from FNL...my belly is out of control too! I think I look 6 weeks bigger than I did with Logan at this time (20 weeks). Good luck with staying team green - hubby couldn't do it!

Michelle said...

I'm just now reading, Friday evening at 11pm, central...so, you can see when you receive it! :)

kate said...

um, its sat morning & i'm reading! maybe your commenters have jsut been lazy lately? i know its's true for me...
i think you guys sould find out, but that's mostly just bc i want to know, lol! plus, it IS fun to go shopping for a boys gear when you don't have any. i had a blast shopping for em after having 2 dudes. but surprises are fun too :)
& i am also super geeked for thanksgiving! we are doing a bacon wrapped turkey this year & i am praying i don't screw it up.
stay warm thsi weekend!

Melis.sa said...

I hit that mark when E turned 3, we butt heads ALL THE TIME. :) We still do but it's gotten a million times easier the older she's gotten.

Have fun gambling!! :) i went to vegas last year when I was 12 weeks pregnant and I didn't get too many looks. Well maybe one night at 1 am when I was drinking milk and eating a krispy kreme donut.

Danifred said...

I comment days later because it takes me forever to get caught up and find the time. I'm bad about checking my reader, I usually rely on the feed on my own blog.

I can't wait for Thanksgiving next week. We almost always go to Bee's sisters house and I love his grandmother's green beans!

Kristin said...

I love the idea of Sweet Potato Souffle. That sounds delicious.

Congrats on getting those debts paid off. That was a truly wonderful and thoughtful gift from your late BIL.

Rebecca said...

I recently wrote about Hailey being just like me...it's a wonder anyone likes me at all.

Sweet potato souffle sounds great.

Get started on your list, girl...or you'll end up with CRAP! :P