August 28, 2011

Under siege of Irene!

I am running out of ipad juice. Wanted to give an update on me.....this storm is kicking my ass! We have had 4 trees come down in our backyard. One landed on and crushed our fence, the others are across the lawn.
We lost power right in the beginning, so no sump pump, although, knock on wood, we are doing ok with no water in the basement.
We just had tree number 5 fall. Right across the power lines from the street to the house, onto our boat and my new car!
The governor and the light comp have informed people it will be several (meaning up to 7-10) days before power is restored. Awesome!

2 comments:

Carrie27 said...

7 days with no power?! YIKES! Stay safe.

Rebecca said...

I've been following you on FB too...this is horrible. I just can't believe it's so bad. The picture you posted made it look like the tree was just touching your car...did it actually damage it? I hope not. This is ridiculous.