My brother in law was found dead today. he had been so for "a while". how long that is, not really sure how long yet. he will have an autopsy. it was long enough that the neighbors called the police about the odor.
how do i explain to K that Uncle is dead? how do I go there? what do I say?
8 comments:
I am so sorry to hear this- hugs to you! No advice for telling K- just prayers and hugs.
I'm so sorry for your loss. I have no idea. When my friend died I left E in WI for the funeral. Now that we live back here she visits the cemetery with me but I don't think she completely understands.
((hugs)) I have no idea what to tell you, but I am so so sorry for your loss. Is it your husband's brother? How is he dealing with it?
on a random note, the word Blogger wants me to enter to make my comment is spock. :)
Oh wow....I'm so sorry to hear this. Big hugs to your family.
Oh my gosh! Big hugs and prayers for you and your family.
i'm so sorry for your loss. i don't know that she'll understand know matter what you tell her. she's so young yet. :(
i think if it were my kids, (the guys are a few mos younger than K i think) i'd explain to them that the person was in heaven & try to take it from there. i was just over 3 when my grandmother died & one of my first memories is of my mom telling me that she was in heaven watching over us & i remember liking that & feeling comforted, for what it's worth.
i'm really sorry you have to go through this, & i hope the family is coping ok! ((hugs))
Oh my goodness! I am so, so, so sorry for your loss. May you find peace during this time and find the right words to share with K what happened.
Hugs, Mama.
I'm so sorry for your loss...I wish I had some words of wisdom, but just follow your heart. You're a good Mama who knows her kid...
Post a Comment